The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triple Threat Master Works 2.0 (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Mark Tams
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Mark Tams
In 2009, the 3t book was released that was a treatise on the Triple Threat Coin Gimmick. The book was a unique book that was printed on demand only, one at a time. The 3t book offered the basic construction and sleights with the gimmick coupled with 33 complete routines by 10 different contributors. Those names included Troy Hooser, Mark Tams, David Neighbors, Chris Congreave, Doug Brewer, Allen Zingg, Lamont Ream, Brian McElvain, Jason Dean and Garrett Thomas.

10+ years later, it was time to do a couple of things . . . update the book with even more contributions as well as offer the book in a format that could be purchased right away from stock. The book is a large format paperback book that will be in stock.

Coming very soon, Triple Threat Master Works 2.0 will be released. This new release contains 100% of the original material and now has an additional 27 routines contributed by previous contributors as well new contributors. The additional contributions come from David Neighbors, Bradley Morgan, Sean Goodman, Jason Dean, Mark Tams, José Manuel Illanes and John Dahlinger.

The Triple Threat Master Works 2.0 now has a total of 60 routines from a total of 14 contributors . . . all on the Triple Threat Coin Gimmick. The book is printed in paperback fashion, boasts 246 pages of material with 148 illustrations.

This release is an informational release and as more information is provided by the printer, dates will be provided. There will also be a pre-print price publication available at that time as well.

Stay tuned!
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I've subscribed to this topic I'm looking forward to this Smile
Mark Tams
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Mark Tams
Getting closer . . . here is the link that will provide ordering information . . .

https://triplethreatmasterworks.wordpress.com/
ActionJack
View Profile
Regular user
Pacific NW
120 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
After reading the David Neighbors Project I look forward to this.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hay Thanks Jack ! Smile I have a few things In there ! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of webtech
I've owned this gimmick but sold it after a few months. It was too expensive to risk dropping or damaging the set. And the nested coin looks odd. It's easy to see the nested coins. I had one from one of the best coin gaffers. Does anyone here use it regularly? I would like to know how it holds up to specs scrutiny in real world uses. I know a few magicians that use the standard CSB or shell and they use it very well and it seems to be more then enough for coin magic. I do not know anyone that uses the 3T.
Inviso
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Inviso
That might be the specific reason this book is so anticipated. As you highlighted, it is an expensive tool that needs correct handling to be effective. Many may be reluctant to experiment on their own for fear of damaging the set.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2019, webtech wrote:
I've owned this gimmick but sold it after a few months. It was too expensive to risk dropping or damaging the set. And the nested coin looks odd. It's easy to see the nested coins. I had one from one of the best coin gaffers. Does anyone here use it regularly? I would like to know how it holds up to specs scrutiny in real world uses. I know a few magicians that use the standard CSB or shell and they use it very well and it seems to be more then enough for coin magic. I do not know anyone that uses the 3T.

Hi Webtech - I'm a full-time working pro and I use this at EVERY job. In performance, the nested side isn't shown really, only as it's flipped etc, so for me it's a fantastic piece of kit. Expensive.... Well, I guess it's based on how much you use it - as I use it all the time, it's a great investment. I use it primarily at tables as a piece of fab eye candy to establish myself before moving onto some longer routines.

As an aside, I also use a CSB set and a shell for a coins across routine.

Hope this helps... Oh yeah, really proud that one of my effects has made it into the 3T book too!

Cheers,

Sean
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Mark Tams
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Mark Tams
Pre-Print Publication Sale has started . . .

https://www.facebook.com/137758139913988......__=EHH-R
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of webtech
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2019, simplymagicweb wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2019, webtech wrote:

Hi Webtech - I'm a full-time working pro and I use this at EVERY job. In performance, the nested side isn't shown really, only as it's flipped etc, so for me it's a fantastic piece of kit. Expensive.... Well, I guess it's based on how much you use it - as I use it all the time, it's a great investment. I use it primarily at tables as a piece of fab eye candy to establish myself before moving onto some longer routines.

As an aside, I also use a CSB set and a shell for a coins across routine.

Hope this helps... Oh yeah, really proud that one of my effects has made it into the 3T book too!

Cheers,

Sean

Hi Sean. Do you have a routine on video? I'd like to see a performance with spectators. Thank you for responding and in the right hands I do believe this coin gaff can perform miracles. Cheers.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Hi webtech - sadly I don’t have it on video in front of specs.. I’ll try to get someone to record it sometime - I’ve got a wedding tomorrow so will try then.
Magically,

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Here’s one for the camera though

https://youtu.be/pbaKa89p4JQ
Magically,

Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Dang good!
thefliss
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of thefliss
Excited for this, but when can we expect the David Neighbors Project Vol. 2?
I think the first volume of TDNP released in 2013 or 2014 and was to be the first of five planned books?
Thanks!
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of webtech
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2019, simplymagicweb wrote:

Awesome!
Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Signet
I have a question related to this book. Do you think that the routines could be done satisfactory using JJ's Coin Coalition? I just got this set and I'm looking for ideas on using it.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 29, 2019, webtech wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2019, simplymagicweb wrote:

Awesome!

Thanks buddy - this routine is in the book 😃
Magically,

ActionJack
View Profile
Regular user
Pacific NW
120 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
Simplymagicweb your handling is beautiful, so natural!
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 30, 2019, ActionJack wrote:
Simplymagicweb your handling is beautiful, so natural!

Thank you so much for the kind comments. Yes, the routine is one I use all the time at the tables - not normally without patter to be honest, but hopefully the video gives the basic idea. I wanted to have a stand-up wild coin routine, and this ticks the boxes. The Triple Threat Coin is fantastic, and really practical for me as a working magician, where angles are an issue. Thank you Mr Lassen for creating a thing of beauty!
Magically,

Mark Tams
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Mark Tams
Hello everyone . . . I've updated the site with more pertinent information . . .

https://triplethreatmasterworks.wordpress.com/

Also, I've added the Table Of Contents for those that want to view . . .

https://triplethreatmasterworks.files.wo......-toc.pdf

Thanks so much for everyone's support so far . . . pre-orders are going well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triple Threat Master Works 2.0 (27 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL