The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cairn - Mnemonica in Minutes *Available Now* (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Some of you may remember I put out some feelers for testers of the beta version of this three or four weeks ago. After the feedback I've received, whilst this didn't work for everyone, I've decided to release it. From that feedback, I rewrote Cairn from the ground up, updated certain aspects of it and ditched the first method that the beta version included. It's now available in its final form. You can grab it from https://qmagi.com/shop?olsPage=products

Some blurb

==========

'Cairn' utilises a traditional mnemonic memory technique in a unique, easy-to-understand way that's been adapted from the ground up for the Mnemonica stack. It allows you to memorise the order of the cards, from top to bottom in just a few minutes. The mnemonics used are combined with two other principles to enable the easy recall of the location of any card (or any card's location) in the stack.

If you've no knowledge of mnemonics it will take you maybe 30-40 minutes to have the stack down to the point where, via Cairn, you can calculate any card at any number and vice versa. From there, the more you practise, the faster it will become for you until you're not relying on Cairn at all - you simply know the stack.

Whilst this will not work for everyone, (if you've tried mnemonic systems in the past and had no success you may struggle), a selection of the feedback from those for which it did work follows:

"I have it down solid. This comes as quite a surprise to me. In the past I had passed on learning a full stack because I felt like the upfront work was simply too painful (and some of the systems both ridiculous and too expensive). I can definitely say that the system can be grasped in less than one half hour. I had it down in about that much time. I feel like you nailed it."

"I must say that I truly feel that it's easier than other methods on the market. Before Cairn, I was trying to learn the stack through a video, but the entire process was confusing since I wasn't familiar with some of the "subjects" it used. I'm confident that with a little more practice, I'll be performing mem deck work in no time. This method is efficient and straight to the point. I much prefer this over anything else I've tried so far. Big thumbs up from me!"

"A lot of work gone into this and I feel comfortable with the system, I like it, great thinking."

"This has been very satisfying, and I feel like I've learnt something I was avoiding even attempting for many years. Thank you very much for sharing this with me. It was honestly very effective."

==========

Supplied as a 3000-word PDF, 'Cairn' can be your gateway to memorized deck work with the Mnemonica stack. Don't let the brevity of the supplied information put you off, it contains everything you need and is designed to be as straightforward as can be.

Cairn is presented in English but adaptable to other languages with effort. It can also be adapted to any other stack you care to use, again, with effort.

If you've always wanted to do stuff with Mnemonica but struggled with other systems, I really hope this gets you through the door.

Please note that this includes no effects, it is simply a memory aid for the Mnemonica stack.

All the best

Adrian

https://qmagi.com/shop?olsPage=products - Penguin will have it in a few days

(Quotes have been cherry-picked from feedback received and some words have been changed to better protect other methods; I can and will provide the original versions upon request, via email)
Bohacek
View Profile
New user
Haymarket VA
6 Posts

Profile of Bohacek
I have convinced myself that
I need a stacked deck in my arsenal. Which would you recommend, and why and what is the easiest way to learn it.
Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cairn - Mnemonica in Minutes *Available Now* (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL