The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » 70s Tenyo Instructions??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

starcolony
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of starcolony
Greetings fellow magicians,

As a kid, I used to live, eat, and breath magic. My first introduction was at a small magic & novelty store in downtown Ogden, UT, circa 1970. After watching the magician/salesman perform his first trick (Tenyo Die Vision), I was hooked. Every penny of my allowance went into adding to my collection. I would spend hours practicing my magic.

By middle school I was doing paid birthday parties. Early in high school I was making my own small illusions. I even did 2 stage shows (one for a charity fund raiser at my middle school and another for a community club (Rotary?)

By my junior year in high school, girls and cars became more interesting. My magic was packed in a box and forgotten.
While doing some fall cleaning and organizing this week, I found my old magic box. I opened it up and cast my eyes on magic I hadn’t seen in over 40 years. The boxes were pretty tattered from so much handling and practicing. Worse, my memory is in tatters trying to figure out my old routines. The original Tenyo instructions are long gone, and regrettably so is much of my memory.

The Die Vision, was my first and favorite. I know what to do here. I have been able to figure out the Milk Tumbler, The Crystal Tube, The Chinese Sticks (another favorite) and the Crazy Spots.

I have no clue what to do with the Arabian Cards, the Rainbow silks, What’s Next?, and the Changing Silks.

I have scoured the interwebs for written instructions without success. I would be grateful for any info regarding a source for copies of the Tenyo instructions. Even for those tricks that I can figure out, I would like the full instructions for possible variations in the routine, and to be able to pass down to my kids or future grand kids.

Does Tenyo provide instructions for their tricks? Is there anyone selling copies?

Below is a list of my Tenyo magic tricks that I am trying to source instructions.

Thank you for any assistance, TR

MAGIC TRICKS- Tenyo Number
DIE VISION T-4 Discon. 1972 catalog
ARABIAN CARDS T-5 Discon.
RAINBOW SILKS T-23 Discon.
CRYSTAL TUBE T-24 Discon.
CHINESE STICKS T-27 Discon.
WHAT'S NEXT? T-28 Discon.
CHANGING SILKS T-29 Discon.
MILK TUMBLER T-31 Discon.
CRAZY SPOTS T-39 1969
starcolony
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of starcolony
After more digging through boxes I have located instructions for:

Milk Tumbler

What's Next
TomB
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan, USA
244 Posts

Profile of TomB
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
The mobile version is so ugly... Brrr ^^
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Hi Stereo! It is great to hear from you!! I hope that all is well...
starcolony
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of starcolony
TomB,

Thank you for the helpful info,

Cheers, TR
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2019, Magical Moments wrote:
Hi Stereo! It is great to hear from you!! I hope that all is well...

Wow, stereo! Great, you're here!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
All it's ok thank you !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » 70s Tenyo Instructions??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL