The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Dark Veil by Jean-Pierre Vallarino (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2251 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I think I prefer a tool that you can do the switch openly like The Cooler, Flash Deck Switch and Cold Case.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=65270

Description:

The fastest switch device in the world!

The precious advice of Jean-Pierre Vallarino will guide you to make this new accessory a terribly effective weapon!

Apparitions, disparitions, transformations, changes...

This revolutionary accessory allows you to ditch what you want very quickly, but also to make changes so fast that they become invisible to the spectators.

You can, for example, without technique and in one second, exchange your deck of cards for a normal deck (or vice versa): so you can allow it to be examined.

Its unique design allows you to use it sitting and standing: it holds all items on its own - you don't need to attach it!
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1474 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Not for me it goes out of sight
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2495 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
He makes it look so good and natural! I’d probably look a little clumsy going in and out 😂
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
944 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
The switch is made in what appears to be a handling afterthought. Worrying that it "goes out of sight" misses the point. The switch is made on an offbeat, and therefore the perception is it never went out of sight.

I just wonder what it is at all. I have a topit. I have a servant. This appears to be that.
magicman from poland
View Profile
New user
Poland
24 Posts

Profile of magicman from poland
This effect is weak, not impress me.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1069 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Showed my daughter the video.
She says “he just switches things in his pocket. I don’t get it”?

So yeah.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Many a times a magician holding a deck of cards dips into his pocket in search of something. So the deck goes out of view, and is switched in this action. This is a pretty accepted switch. I think this is smoother and better, so don't see the issue here. Magicians often seem incapable of imagining something in context. Watching an unflinching static video of it in action is obviously not the same as watching it in the real world, and in context.

All the best,
Dan
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
868 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2019, dyoung wrote:
Many a times a magician holding a deck of cards dips into his pocket in search of something. So the deck goes out of view, and is switched in this action. This is a pretty accepted switch. I think this is smoother and better, so don't see the issue here. Magicians often seem incapable of imagining something in context. Watching an unflinching static video of it in action is obviously not the same as watching it in the real world, and in context.

All the best,
Dan

This! You don't want to take something right out and reveal that its different immediately.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
The video is the seated position is impressive but no different from lapping. I am curious as to what the item itself is. I can see the standing use being more helpful than a topit for a load or a switch. Curious.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Dark Veil by Jean-Pierre Vallarino (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL