The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Monster Jukebox from Jim Magus (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
350 Posts

Profile of TEB3
If you didn’t know already, Jim Magus has a thing about music as well as Magick. Well, his “hobby” finally caught up with him so he created Monster Jukebox. This is a heavy reference book about music that he calls A History Of Spooky Music from the Beginning of Time. The format is 8 1/2” x 11” perfect bound with 411 pages listing songs, albums, style and year if known. All of it with spooky tones. This range starting with early medieval sacred music then brushing by Swan Lake (Vampire type background) to Rag Time (hello to Zombies) is mind blowing.

No tricks, no Tarot Cards or Poe or whatever, but a listing of spooky music. From Renaissance to 2011 and the Conclusion. Classical, you got it! Jazz, you got it! Punk Rock, that too! Every type style or instrument, vocal or not. So if you are searching for just the right sound or artist or album to set the mood or you just enjoy music, then this book is really a must.

I emailed Jim and asked him “how long did this little masterpiece take to compile. He replied TEN YEARS! I believe that for sure. Check his Lulu page to order. The educational value is amazing. This may really expand how you think when designing your next act.
Dr. O
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
270 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Wow. Looking forward to hearing more about this. Hope Jim brings a bunch to ECSS.
Jim Magus
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of Jim Magus
It took well over a decade to create this one. Early this year I saw a book advertised on Amazon and thought that in my effort to make my version complete, I was too late! However, when I ordered and read the 100+ page book, I realized that I needed to correct misinformation and offer the full story now before waiting any longer. Nothing magical in our sense of the term, but over 400 pages of exciting and fascinating information covering traditional, classical, ragtime, jazz, blues, country, swing, big band, folk, rock & roll, calypso, rockabilly, psychobilly, gothabilly, punk, and more. A tremendous resource for the monster disc jockey, Halloween party planner, haunted house organizer, professional musician, or anyone who enjoys all things spooky, and an essential resource for the collector of Halloween, horror and monster vinyl and compact discs. I believe the information up to the end of the twentieth century is quite comprehensive and will correct some misconceptions and solve some mysteries.
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
745 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Really looking forward to this especially the calypso, rockabilly, psychobilly, gothabilly and punk sections!
kcalB
View Profile
Inner circle
Took me 16 years to make
1001 Posts

Profile of kcalB
This book is a Treasure.
My band The Surfin Cadavers gets a mention.
Thanks for the recognition Jim.
I love the book.
SB
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
745 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2019, kcalB wrote:
This book is a Treasure.
My band The Surfin Cadavers gets a mention.
Thanks for the recognition Jim.
I love the book.
SB

Nice!
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
882 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
How do I buy a copy of Monster Jukebox?
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
882 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Jim Magus
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of Jim Magus
Hi everyone. To my surprise and delight, my 2019 book Monster Jukebox; a History of Spooky Music Since the Beginning of Time has been nominated for the Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Awards' Book of the Year. PLEASE vote by March 29 at https://rondoaward.com/rondoaward.com/blog/ or email your vote to taraco@aol.com. Thank you!!!
PS. Reviews can be found online at https://www.allhallowsgeek.com/review-mo......n-music/ and
https://horrornews.net/151439/book-revie......m-magus/
and the book can be purchased at http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/jimmagus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Monster Jukebox from Jim Magus (10 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL