The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CLICK by Manoj Kaushal (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Cannot for the life of me guess what MS is, however this seems too good to be true, so I'll have to pass.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Doesn't look anything like a real photo either...
I've asked to be banned
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
This reminds me a lot of "Vision Supreme" by Pieras Fitkides.
I think the method is the same as the method used in the "Vision Supreme".

"Vision Supreme":
https://youtu.be/spWexPnv6xU

Darko
Harley Remington
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Harley Remington
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2019, dooblehorn wrote:
Cannot for the life of me guess what MS is, however this seems too good to be true, so I'll have to pass.

I'd guess this: https://www.completeset.com/the-classifi......c-slate/
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2019, Harley Remington wrote:
Quote:

My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
manoj
View Profile
Regular user
INDIA
122 Posts

Profile of manoj
Hello Everyone!

This is Manoj Kaushal here. I was lucky enough to have the idea to create this effect. This was a loooooooooong process. It started with just an idea. An idea to have a prediction in a photograph and then started the tedious process to find the right material, right printer, right vendor and what not. It took almost 4 years to create this gimmick and another year for field testing.

I would be more then happy to answer your questions and concerns except things like.....what material is used or confirm the method. I think such concerns are more about trying to guess the whole gimmick. Its just a tool to make predictions. What will make this gimmick work is YOU!

So, to start with let me address these concerns:
RIFILL / Lifespan:
This gimmick doesn't require any refills. If you handle the gimmick as told in the instruction video then you will have this gimmick for a long long time.

Customize:
The gimmick was designed to look such that it would fit in everybody's performance and sadly, you cannot customize it to your photograph.

Material used:
We took care of the hard part of using the appropriate material for this effect so that you can enjoy the simplicity of the gimmick and the reaction it would generate.

Why have a picture of a piece of paper with writing on it? Why not just have the paper inside the envelope?
Well, get rid of the envelope if that feels better. You can still perform without an envelope and a different script.

If there are any other questions that I missed please let me know. I will try and answer as many queries as I can.

Once again, thanks a lot for taking time to look into this effect. If you buy this you WILL like it.

Cheers
M.
CLICK-Capture the future // RELEASED
UNSEEN-Signed card to spectator's hand // RELEASED
The Manoj Linking Pins // RELEASED!
The Manoj Candle // RELEASED!
The Manoj Bottle // RELEASED!

VISIT!

www.manojkaushal.com

www.9780design.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
MS with some type of nail writer gizmo is what it looks like to me. Better hope they don’t think of something like watermelon.
manoj
View Profile
Regular user
INDIA
122 Posts

Profile of manoj
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2019, videoman wrote:
MS with some type of nail writer gizmo is what it looks like to me. Better hope they don’t think of something like watermelon.

I think they were trying to be a little discreet by not writing MS in full but that doesn't help. So let me explain.....

MS is probably Magnetic Sheet he was referring to. I guess we are trying to make our own gimmick.

M.

VISIT!

www.manojkaushal.com

www.9780design.com
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
MS is something else, but it's referred to a few posts up.

For better or worse, this particular forum 'Latest and Greatest' does allow for speculation about gimmicks and methods.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Chollet
View Profile
Regular user
Don't be fooled by the fact I only have
191 Posts

Profile of Chollet
Manoj, I appreciate you answering most of my questions. I do think your performance video is a bit misleading, as it shows you leaving the photograph with the spectator. That is not a dealbreaker for me, but I think the video should be edited as it certainly leaves that impression.

The dealbreaker for me is the inability to customize the photo. For others, maybe not. I can justify a photo of my prediction, especially with a story crafted about the photo, but a customizable photo would be great. I totally understand if it's not doable. Best of luck!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2019, Harley Remington wrote:
Quote:

Harley, thanks, the lightbulb lit

Manoj, thanks as well
Luccky
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Luccky
Hi Manoj,

Thanks but you didn’t answer to this concern : is the writing area grey or white ? In the effect video it’s grey (and bad because method becomes transparent) and white in the trailer.

Best,

Luccky
manoj
View Profile
Regular user
INDIA
122 Posts

Profile of manoj
Hey guys, as I said before I don’t want to play the game of guessing as it will (by process of elimination) eventually lead to a blatant exposure of what my gimmick is.

But I will tell you that this is no magnetic so for people that they don’t like MS I m sure they will be happy with click.
Also the reason why I left the gimmick with them at the end of the effect is because you can let them handle the gimmick.

Regarding the color......the performance video was uncut and unfiltered.

That’s it, I hope this helps.

VISIT!

www.manojkaushal.com

www.9780design.com
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Those links on your signature seem to be dead
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Chollet
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Chollet
I don't think people are guessing for the sake of exposure, they just want to be informed before they buy. In the USA, if it is MS (not a magnetic material), it is instantly recognizable by the color and texture. This would be similar to what is used in some popular i** p**s that look like a simple clipboard named after insects.

Since companies like Penguin and Vanishing Inc offer easy returns, I guess we can just buy it and return it if we don't like it. But I think it is better for you and for the companies that sell your product to have as few people as possible doing that. Hence the questions. Believe me, the last thing I want to do is make my own gimmick! But I do like to know what the limitations are and have a clear picture if what I am purchasing will work for me so I don't waste my time or money – and, so you don't end up with a bunch of CLICKs on Open Box.

Best of luck.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I received "Click" today but unfortunately mine tore within seconds of accessing the secret area without giving away the secret. I was literally shocked when it fell apart in my hand. It was like the material was old and brittle? To be frank, I actually liked the concept because I thought it might be practical for strolling as a quick opener despite the photo not being very interesting. So, I sent a message to Hocus Pocus and am hoping they will accept a return or exchange. I'm being totally honest when I say that I did not handle it rough. I'm wondering if the cold temperatures here in New England may have had something to do with it?
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
If it is the above mentioned stuff that we are all familiar with, then yes, it is definitely temperature sensitive. The under layer is made with some type of wax which can indeed become brittle in cold weather. If, like with Riggs' products, the stuff is split to be thinner, there is less backing material to hold it together.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Chollet
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Chollet
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2019, TuneHV wrote:
There's a review of it here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKqDW5dqUgw&t=620s

That review says a lot. I appreciate Dave Bonsall’s honesty. I’ve bought stuff from him directly at Magic Live and I know he stands behind anything he sells. When he says “it’s sh#%”, and they won’t be selling it, that’s all the review I need.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Decision confirmed thx much
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CLICK by Manoj Kaushal (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL