The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Showtech Style Remotes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of Christopher
Does any one have a source for the type of FM remotes used for the showtech or similar electronics? I am specifically looking to build devices that simple turn on and off (power on/off) and have been using RC car parts, the problem is that the transmitters are always too large. The tipper monkey controls are perfect, but I have been unable to find these either.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7378 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Check some electronic magazines. There are usually ads in the back.

If you just want a simple on-off switch, Marcello Contente makes a good one that is very reasonably priced.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of Christopher
I think that is all I would need. A simple power on/off switch for many of the items I need to make.
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
I bought some that might work for you. I got them at Radio Shack right after Christmas. They are used to turn your Christmas lights on and off. The transmitter is a keychain fob and the receiver plugs into the wall and you plug your device into it. I got these on sale for about $15 each. They work great. I got 3 different channels.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
Four Jokers Magician
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Four Jokers Magician
Check out Morris Costumes. They sell an entire remote controlled power strip and a power strip on a motion dector for haunted houses.
Zack
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of Zack
http://www.x10.com has what you need, and at a reasonable price.
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
Quote:
On 2004-05-29 16:18, Bobcape wrote:
I bought some that might work for you. I got them at Radio Shack right after Christmas. They are used to turn your Christmas lights on and off. The transmitter is a keychain fob and the receiver plugs into the wall and you plug your device into it. I got these on sale for about $15 each. They work great. I got 3 different channels.

Bob

I just found another one like above at Lowe's. It is in the lighting section. It has an AC block that you plug into the wall and then plug your device into it. The remote can be used in your pocket. It does not need line of sight. It was $12.95.

Bob
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of Christopher
Some of these items would work fine with electric powered props but will not work with battery power like the tipper monkey.
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
Quote:
On 2004-07-14 20:43, Christopher wrote:
Some of these items would work fine with electric powered props but will not work with battery power like the tipper monkey.

If the item doesn't have to be portable during the routine, you can just plug in a DC adapter and connect that to you item. I use one for an air cannon that I made to shoot streamers into the audience at the closing of my show.

Bob
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have 2 like Bob was talking about. I got 1 at Wal Mart or K Mart, and another at Lowes, I believe.
As for the battery remote, I'm not sure. I would try Radio Shack ar a big electronics store. I'll bet there is an item like that somewhere in existence.

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Showtech Style Remotes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL