The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » RIP Dick Oslund (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
I just saw this. Really sad to hear as Dick and I were good friends. He helped me a lot over the years giving me advice, sending me notes.

I'll miss him tremendously.

Down the road Dick!
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
Kong
View Profile
New user
Wales
85 Posts

Profile of Kong
I've only just now happened across this thread by chance and learnt of Dick's passing. How terribly, terribly sad.

Dick was one of the first people to engage with me on this forum. He was very helpful and kind to me and he even sent me a letter containing a photocopied excerpt from his book, detailing his excellent Card To Pocket routine. He flatly refused any payment, even to cover postage, because in his words "it's a small price to pay for people to say nice things about me!". The letter, in its original envelope complete with "rabbit out of a hat" postage stamp and "Dick Oslund, Magician" rubber stamp, has stood proudly on display on my magic shelf since I received it. I shall now treasure it even more.

I didn't know you for very long, Dick, but thanks. You made a big impression on me and I'll never forget you.

Bon Voyage, friend.

RIP.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » RIP Dick Oslund (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL