The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Readings Over the Phone/Skype? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Does anyone here do readings through various media systems? Please just PM me if you'd rather keep it a secret. There is a new project in the works.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1026 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Yes I do Skype readings all the time.
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2019, Smoking Camel wrote:
Yes I do Skype readings all the time.

Excellent. What is you overall take on them? What are the good points and what are the bad ones? Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
dclxvinyc
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of dclxvinyc
I think doing readings over Skype is a great way to make some cash through craigslist or Fiverr. It's a little hard to get that "intimate" closeness you may need in a cold reading if you do a lot of personal jazzing.

For me, I approach readings almost as an academic. I explain the history of the particular oracle, (this is a really liberal interpretation of history) I ask a lot of questions, I go through the ritual, explaining what I'm doing and why. Then I interpret the cards and explain exactly what they mean with only a small amount of fudging.

Skype works really well for my style.
I've never done a true "over the phone" before except with friends where I'm practicing some new scripting or whatever.

Readings aside, I've actually performed a lot of magic over Skype as well and there's a ton of hands-off, propless mentalism that can apply. It all depends on what you want to do, I guess.

My real bread and butter in readings though is palmistry, and I'll tell you, it doesn't fly over Skype. I've tried it every which way from Sunday, but I can't arrive at the level of trust you get when you actually touch someones hand.

I've seen at least one reader who does it through email correspondence and then makes a video and PDF that gets sent to you, and you can watch it/read it over and over.

Is this in the ballpark of the kind of info you're looking for? Smile
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4314 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
The ideal set-up would be a split-screen, with one camera on the reader's face, and the other camera focused on the tabletop where the oracle is spread (whether it be Tarot, runes, I Ching, whatever). There's probably already some tutoring package that enables one to do something similar, so you can show the work on paper/whiteboard (as opposed to an electronic whiteboard app). Since I do some actual academic tutoring as a side gig, I have an electronic tablet that allows me to easily "draw" on a whiteboard app component. If this could be combined with the camera image of the cards to overlay some marks added, as you show the connections between the cards, runes, etc., that might be the ideal set-up.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
GREAT IDEAS. The split screen thing makes perfect sense .. I'd like to be able to actually have them select the tarot themselves as I pass the magick wand over the spread or something similar. Killer BGM and headphones with some modern graphics .. I can see it as an experience that hasn't been accomplished thus far. Smile
dclxvinyc
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of dclxvinyc
There is some software available that's used for music teachers. A friend of mine was teaching at a music school in New York and they had a two camera setup for split screen and the option to fill the screen with an image or pdf (like a diagram or chart)

I can see this being excellent for readings
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2019, dclxvinyc wrote:
There is some software available that's used for music teachers. A friend of mine was teaching at a music school in New York and they had a two camera setup for split screen and the option to fill the screen with an image or pdf (like a diagram or chart)

I can see this being excellent for readings

That sounds perfect!!!
actorcoop
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of actorcoop
I do all of my long distance readings over the phone. I encourage notes or recording, but I text all of my clients a photograph of our tarot spread at the end of the reading. This is helpful for them, as a little reminder from their session- and in this age of instagram and social media I’ve learned that a picture of your session can go a long way for clients promoting your work!

one day I’ll hop on the Skype/zoom bandwagon. I’m planning some online classes for 2020 that will be zoom utilized.
*I knew you were going to read this
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Readings Over the Phone/Skype? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL