The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Rubber band gags (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

crispy1970
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of crispy1970
Hi guys,
I have started to play around with several rubber bands phases and CMH's from one of Dan Harlan's DVD's.
I always like to have a few lines / gags that can raise a smile but this time I am struggling to think or come up with anything.
One general line I do like is "people often say was that an illusion? and I reply no, it just looked like it!!" I think that line may of came from Aldo Colombini.

Does anybody have any lines that they would be kind enough care to share that relate to tricks like this?
many thanks
Chris
Topper2
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Topper2
Gags about magic in general are so abundant I wouldn't know where to start, and judging from the response to this thread neither does anyone else!

As it happens I don't write my own gags, I prefer to steal other peoples'. Orben once said that to copy material from one author's work is called plagiarism, but to copy from many authors is called research! On this basis my patter material is always very thoroughly researched, but when it comes to elastic band gags the cupboard is bare as none of my, er, 'researched' gag files has anything specific to offer. That obliges me to think for myself, which is invariably an exercise in futility, but to start the ball rolling (and, I suspect, bringing it to a dead stop as well) I offer the following which will cause you to groan horribly, but you can always put that down to too much Xmas dinner weighing heavy on the stomach.

For this next effect I require the aid of an assistant [pull out elastic band] and this is the assistant who'll aid me - it's a sort of band aid!

[Allow band to hang limply from a finger] I've given her a name, she's called Lucy - Lucy Lastic!

I was going to say that this effect is simply amazing but that would be stretching things too far [stretch elastic band between fingers and apparently accidentally allow it to snap back against your other hand] Like all my tricks it's certainly snappy!

[Snap the band a second time] I'll just snap the band a second time - it'll make the trick twice as snappy!

I call this trick a miracle - because it'll be a miracle if it works!

I have to be careful how I handle this band, it cost me $50 - maybe that's stretching it a bit [stretch band as you say this]

This is a common place article - so I'll common and place it on the table!

Please notice this band has a side on this side and a side on that side - which just goes to show there are two sides to everything!

Famous magicians like David Blaine and Derren Brown are in the same racket as me - it's just that they make more money and I make more racket!

I could go on, but I think you've suffered enough!
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1490 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1827 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
You know why they call them Rubber Bands because you can't call the Rubbers.

Use this line only if you are doing magic at a Strip Club of Burluesqes Joint.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Rubber band gags (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL