The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The Torture King (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sniper
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Sniper
Anybody know what this fellow is up to nowadays? I've seen him a few times, the first time being with the Jim Rose Circus Sideshow. This was their first mindblowing tour of North America (1989 I think...).

I've also seen his solo act - two sets of glass walking, fire eating, glass eating and of course, his needles. He puts them through his arms of course, but I've also seen him stick them up through his neck and out his mouth. For his last gig in Vancouver the poster had two of the skewers coming out of his mouth forming an X. It looked extremely disturbing and probably HURT ticket sales!
:hmm:

Anyone know what he's up to?

Sn!per
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
584 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Greetings,

He is still very active. In fact, he is a member of my UnusualMagic list (at Yahoo Groups). Here are a couple of websites that you may want to check out for more info:

http://www.mindandmatter.net/sys-tmpl/door/

http://www.zamora.blogspot.com/

Keep the change,
Rick Maue
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
Sniper
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Sniper
Thanks for the info Rick! Very cool sites.

Glad to see Tim is still alive and kicking (poking, prodding, whatever...)

Sn!per
Desmanthus
View Profile
New user
Frankfort, MI
51 Posts

Profile of Desmanthus
The last time I saw him he was touring with "The Girly Freak Show" with Slymenstra from the band GWAR. They put on a CRAZY show.
Sincerely Yours,
Desmanthus

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, for with strange aeons even death may die."
H.P. Lovecraft
stine
View Profile
Regular user
TN
152 Posts

Profile of stine
I worked with him a couple years ago at the Halloween haunt at Knott's berry farm in Buena Park CA. I THINK he works there every OCT.He gave me a signed copy of "Circus of the Scars". Interesting guy.
Stuart Cumberland
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Stuart Cumberland
Amazing man.

He just got front page of the Ottawa Sun newspaper for his appearances here at the Ottawa Bluesfest.

Unfortunately, I was doing shows and couldn't see him this time. His act is powerful and he's a master of the act.

To see him shove skewers through his cheeks is a beautiful sight to behold.

Blair

Stage Hypnosis Secrets Revealed:www.Mental-List.com/masterhypnosis.htm
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Sniper

He is still working and posts occasionally at a few places on the net, including the sideshow and escapes forum I run at:

http://com2.akheva.com/bthesideshowcommunity

Hope this helps.

David Straitjacket
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
jmm1303
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
49 Posts

Profile of jmm1303
I saw him at Knotts Berry Farm as a spectator.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Jim is a real nice guy too...soft spoken and a gentleman off stage...and as for 'Circus Of The Scars'...best book I ever read! I wish Jan Gregor would put out another...the man can write circles around most.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The Torture King (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL