The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » INVISIBAG by Joao Miranda (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Christian de Punto
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
174 Posts

Profile of Christian de Punto
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2019, Thomas Walter wrote:
I really can't understand all these questions about if the bag is examinable, or if it is good for close up work. Or about clothing restrictions.
Joao demonstrates the bag in a honest and almost even a revealing way so if you call yourself a magician, you clearly see and understand what is going on here!

Great and workable product, Joao!

you don't have to call yourself a magician to see what is going on. most laymen will think in same direction and ask to see the bag. but for this price I expect at least an answer to my question.
in the obvious case I would prefer a "paper-version", that you destroy demonstrating, that it is empty.
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2019, Christian de Punto wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2019, Thomas Walter wrote:
I really can't understand all these questions about if the bag is examinable, or if it is good for close up work. Or about clothing restrictions.
Joao demonstrates the bag in a honest and almost even a revealing way so if you call yourself a magician, you clearly see and understand what is going on here!

Great and workable product, Joao!

you don't have to call yourself a magician to see what is going on. most laymen will think in same direction and ask to see the bag. but for this price I expect at least an answer to my question.
in the obvious case I would prefer a "paper-version", that you destroy demonstrating, that it is empty.

There is absolutely no point in showing the bag empty.

If you really want something like that you can buy a devils hank instead.

But again.. different props with different purposes.

Take the following example performed by Rick Thomas.

Rick uses a different method to ditch the lady watch but you can have a better understanding why it is pointless to show the bag empty:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HISrdC79SVg&t=210s
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
I totally agree with the above. I have been using that method and the exact bag for nearly 15 years.
Joao I will order one of your bags when I get a chance
Thanks
DR
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2019, Christian de Punto wrote:

"most laymen will ... ask to see the bag"
What?
You mean that, during your parlour show or stage show, the spectators interrupt you and ask to inspect things?
Then, you certainly must be doing something wrong! It is absolutely not the prop's fault!
jugagien
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of jugagien
Well to be fair, I only perform for family and friends or CLOSE UP, and in these type of instances, they usually might ask to inspect my props.
I had one scenario in which I used a gimmicked deck, and before I can do a switch or anything, my dad asked, can I see the deck which I replied "Nope, gotta go!". If the spectator is related to you or just in a mentality to 'get you', they'll ask. Audience management can only do so much, if the spectator is an ***. lol
Just my 2 cents.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
So are you calling your dad an ***? 🤭
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2019, davidredfearn wrote:
I totally agree with the above. I have been using that method and the exact bag for nearly 15 years.
Joao I will order one of your bags when I get a chance
Thanks
DR

Thanks for your trust
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Ordered thanks. Just to be clear the steal and bag I've been using for 15 years [Rick Thomas] I purchased from Collectors Workshop Relativity Effect

It is not Invisibag. I haven't got a clue how this works, but sure I can use it.

Wanted to make this clear. I've had a few PM's after Alakazam live.

Happy Christmas
DR
omagico
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of omagico
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2019, David Klass wrote:
Surely any clothing restrictions would be disclosed in the ad copy?

Also, do we have to buy 3 of them to perform the routine being used to sell this?
Again that should be made clear.

The requirement of a jacket or something similar was disclosed in Joao's facebook group. But I agree it should also be disclosed in the actual ad copy which it is not.
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2019, omagico wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2019, David Klass wrote:
Surely any clothing restrictions would be disclosed in the ad copy?

Also, do we have to buy 3 of them to perform the routine being used to sell this?
Again that should be made clear.

The requirement of a jacket or something similar was disclosed in Joao's facebook group. But I agree it should also be disclosed in the actual ad copy which it is not.

A jacket is needed.
gotgot
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of gotgot
Does the color of the jacket matter?
thanks
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, gotgot wrote:
thanks

Not at all
gotgot
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of gotgot
Oh now I get it, nice.
I'm only worried about some clicking sound when performing close up?
thanks!
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Here is a review of invisiBag by Ekaterina:

Enjoy!
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Well done! that is a great review.She does a great job and I always get the impression that Ekat is not getting free products.
I'm not sure 'The Shift' book is great value at $40.00 for 3 tricks although beautifully produced.It contains a clunky version of 'Out of this World' that surely would have Paul
Curry spinning in his grave!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2019, davidredfearn wrote:
Ordered thanks. Just to be clear the steal and bag I've been using for 15 years [Rick Thomas] I purchased from Collectors Workshop Relativity Effect

It is not Invisibag. I haven't got a clue how this works, but sure I can use it.

Wanted to make this clear. I've had a few PM's after Alakazam live.

Happy Christmas
DR

Just seen it on Magic Week Dave.... Not for you then?
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Hi, no its no improvement on the method I use already. I'm always on the look out for improvement, hence the purchase.
Its beautifully made. I could write a book on why I can't use it, but that's not going to happen.

I like Joao magic and will continue to support him.

Happy Christmas
DR
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
It's rare to see a low tech Joao Miranda release but this is a solid release. About as low tech as you can get actually. There are no moving parts and the method is pretty much exactly what you are thinking. I was expecting some sort of fancy slide but I was wrong. The bag is well made. It's actually a little bigger than it needs to be given the method but that's not a problem. The instructional video suffers from some bad angles at times but the workings are so simple that it is easy to figure everything out. The two routines in the demo video are taught but obviously this is a utility item that you will probably already have a use for if you purchased one. The one weakness IMO is the lack of movement in the when the item is dropped in, especially if you are using something heavy like a cell phone. There should certainly be a bit of a jolt/bulge when the item is dropped. With this method, there isn't. Joao shows you some tips to make the bag look full but this will be the aspect that probably requires the most work on your part from an acting perspective. Overall, this is a solid release that functions as advertised. If you need a super clean vanish and have a routine in mind, this is definitely worth your consideration.
Everydayshuffler
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Everydayshuffler
In Joao we trust. I've just ordered this. Great reading the reviews.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, gotgot wrote:
thanks

Not at all

Can I just point out to you all that this is "****NOT STRICLTLY TRUE****".

I once wore my clown jacket to a wedding. It did not go well wiht my formal dress trousers. So whilst yes the colour of the jacket does "not at all" matter. You do need to not go out looking like half of a clown!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » INVISIBAG by Joao Miranda (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL