The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Inflated Ego - Paul Brook (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
So I was able to get a copy of this as well which was also sent to me complementary little over a week ago from Paul. I have reread the manuscript a couple of times and I honestly think inflated ego is a powerful and entertaining routine.

First of all I cannot think of too many routines that incorporate the fun of Balloons with extensive audience participation. With inflated ego Paul has come up with a routine that the late “master mentalist” Bob Cassidy would call a major effect as it has extensive audience participation from beginning to end. I could see this as a perfect opener.

what I love about Paul’s manuscript is the detailed scripting, and potential for comedy which is sprinkled throughout from beginning to end. This is definitely a routine that pack small and can play big big big. I see a few similarities with some of Ted K’s work, And Paul has come up with some very clever yet simple ways of camouflaging the deceptive methods. The kicker ending Will hit the audience hard, and they will not see it coming which is what I love most about inflated ego.

As I said I’ve waited about a week to post this review as I wanted to re-read the manuscript. I suspect that this routine will be used by many pros and as it has the potential to be a monster and a heck of a lot of fun. This one gets five stars, my highest recommendation. I fully intend to try this out and It is so different than anything else that I’ve ever performed that I absolutely love it.

Congratulations Paul.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
613 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2019, MadisonH wrote:
I just purchased this and I’m a big fan. I love Paul’s thinking. He is all about a simple method paired with a fantastic presentation. This is no different. So easy to do, but so much fun and the reveal is a kicker they won’t see coming. I will absolutely be using this without a doubt.

Madison

Thanks very much for the kind words Madison Smile

I think that is the key for the mentalism that I perform, a simple method, shrouded within an engaging presentation. Simple methods mean that the performer can focus on the all important (and yet sometimes overlooked) aspect of entertaining the audience.
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

NEW - Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

Ask Paul Podcast A mentalism and magic podcast where you control the content Smile
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
613 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
The forum sounds amazing... might have to join.

You would be a great addition to the forum, and are very welcome Smile
PAUL BROOK

NEW - Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

Ask Paul Podcast A mentalism and magic podcast where you control the content Smile
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
613 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2019, phillsmiff wrote:
I've been a fan of PBs stuff for a while, and this is a pretty classic PB piece - what I like about it is the fact that *even just reading it*, until the punch I had no idea where the presentation was going - it jackknifes real sharp with the final reveal. I attended a lecture by Joshua Jay at MagicLive ages back and he was talking about some research that he had been involved with that essentially revealed that the thing laypeople like most about magic is surprise (which, aptly, surprised me). Not the mystery, not the story: the surprise - they like the other stuff too but surprise was consistently the favourite. Mentalism is often a bit lacking in the surprise department, but Inflated Ego absolutely delivers - the audience will absolutely not see the unpack in the reveal coming ahead of time and that kind of punch hits HARD. The method is pretty minimal, old school and structurally nicely disguised, but it's not something you buy for the method (IMO, although it's a good method). If you are a performer, I think you'll get a real kick out of performing this piece for your audiences.

Phill

Glad that I was able to give such a creative thinker like yourself that feeling of surprise 😊

Also, thanks for sharing that but of research regarding the important element of surprise in our acts. Was it referenced, or would you be able to point me to the study? Very interested!
PAUL BROOK

Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
613 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2019, Danives wrote:
I'd be pretty much echoing what everyone else has said already, but for someone who doesn't really do stage work, after reading it I immediately wanted to start. It's a really solid routine that I think a lot of people would have fun performing, and I love the surprise ending - I genuinely didn't see it coming (although now you know there is one...). I've been trying to think of a negative to give a balanced review, but in honesty, I can't think of one. Paul goes into a surprising amount of detail to help even a beginner get the most out of the effect, and even alternative presentations.

If you are thinking of getting it then I'd also recommend checking out Pauls "Insider" membership club, namely as it's pretty much free for the first month if you're buying the effect anyway Smile

Thanks for the kind words Dan. Really enjoyed you recent Alakazam offering, especially the funny line during the reverse truth piece 🙂

Also thanks or the kind words on the membership. I've added even more, providing a lot more value and I'm ready to drop even more free benefits to the members.

Great to have you 'Inside' 🙂
PAUL BROOK

Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
613 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2019, Drewmcadam wrote:
Got this. Love this. It hits a whole lot of great points. Firstly, it is highly visual and colourful (unusual for a mentalism routine, yes, but it's often required, and I had nothing like this in my armoury). Secondly, it is GREAT jazz mentalism, where you can enjoy twisting and turning to get exactly the response you want. Thirdly, the premise is highly entertaining, and last - but not least - Everything required for a full fifteen minutes of entertainment and astonishment could be contained in something not much bigger than a matchbox... Okay, except for the pen.

Moreover, it is based on solid, classic methods - methods that are classic because they work. So, if you are looking for something that is entertaining, fun, mystifying, has a real kicker and can be carried in your pocket, this is it. (And, no, I'm not being paid to write this!)

Cheers Drew 🙂

I know we share the same thoughts on workable material that hits hard yet is easy on method, so was guessing this would tickle your fancy.
PAUL BROOK

Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
613 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2019, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Have to echo what everyone else says. This is one of those effects that doesn’t include new fangled clever methods but it fills the stage, gets the whole audience involved and then packs a killer punch all without requiring a ton of effort from the performer. This is exactly what you want when doing paid shows, solid practical and workable material that builds up to a great finish.

Mark

Cheers Mark Smile

Yeah, it is perfect for paid performancess and I developed it specifically for the corporate market; hence the flat pack plays huge nature. However it is great for all environments.

Really excited about reading 'Totally Free Will' over the festive period 🙂
PAUL BROOK

Woolfie
View Profile
New user
Uk
79 Posts

Profile of Woolfie
I personally think stage mentalism needs to have an extra visual edge to draw the audience into the show and Inflated Ego does that perfectly. The way the balloons are used creates that essential visual interest but the way in which they are used also ensures the audiences attention. The method is woven into the routine in an ultra clean and fair way and, like the best routines out there, the presentation can be easily adapted to different themes depending upon the performing situation or performer. Paul Brook is a real life worker and this comes across in this solid and tested routine.
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
613 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
So I was able to get a copy of this as well which was also sent to me complementary little over a week ago from Paul. I have reread the manuscript a couple of times and I honestly think inflated ego is a powerful and entertaining routine.

First of all I cannot think of too many routines that incorporate the fun of Balloons with extensive audience participation. With inflated ego Paul has come up with a routine that the late “master mentalist” Bob Cassidy would call a major effect as it has extensive audience participation from beginning to end. I could see this as a perfect opener.

what I love about Paul’s manuscript is the detailed scripting, and potential for comedy which is sprinkled throughout from beginning to end. This is definitely a routine that pack small and can play big big big. I see a few similarities with some of Ted K’s work, And Paul has come up with some very clever yet simple ways of camouflaging the deceptive methods. The kicker ending Will hit the audience hard, and they will not see it coming which is what I love most about inflated ego.

As I said I’ve waited about a week to post this review as I wanted to re-read the manuscript. I suspect that this routine will be used by many pros and as it has the potential to be a monster and a heck of a lot of fun. This one gets five stars, my highest recommendation. I fully intend to try this out and It is so different than anything else that I’ve ever performed that I absolutely love it.

Congratulations Paul.

Thanks for the very kind and supportive words Smile

I know Bob would have loved this routine and I'm so sad that he didn't get to read or experience it. Miss him and his wonderful ways, he is in my thoughts often.
PAUL BROOK

amirb401
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of amirb401
Hey Paul!
This seem like a very intriguing and interesting routine!
I was hoping if you could answer some questions before I make a purchase Smile

Can this be done with less amount of people? if I want 34 instead of 6, can this is be done the same way?
How much the performer must intervene when the layman makes the choices? some of the chair test routines out there, the performer must be "hands on" pretty much always. Hopefully, this one is a bit more easily managed then others..

Thanks !
Hopefully I will be buying this soon !
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
613 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Sure thing, happy to answer your questions.

It can be done with more or fewer people. Obviously there are upper and lower limits. Too many people and the effect is unwieldy and if using just one person, it may lack amazement.

What the audience selects is what happens and the performer tells the audience what they are voting for before prior to their vote.

Hope that helps?

If not ask away Smile

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

amirb401
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of amirb401
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2020, Paul Brook wrote:

It can be done with more or fewer people. Obviously there are upper and lower limits. Too many people and the effect is unwieldy and if using just one person, it may lack amazement.

What the audience selects is what happens and the performer tells the audience what they are voting for before prior to their vote.

Hope that helps?

If not ask away Smile

Cheers,

Paul

I ment 3-4 haha Smile noticed it too long after and couldn't edit to make myself clear, but I'm happy to hear!
Thank you very much, hopefully ill see you at blackpoo!
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
613 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2020, amirb401 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2020, Paul Brook wrote:

Hope that helps?

If not ask away Smile

Cheers,

Paul

I ment 3-4 haha Smile noticed it too long after and couldn't edit to make myself clear, but I'm happy to hear!
Thank you very much, hopefully ill see you at blackpoo!

Yes you can do it with 3 or 4 people and it will make the effect a nice quick opener as such.

I will be at the Blackpool convention for a limited time, but if you see me come over and say hello. Happy to show you the prototype of my latest effect which will be out in the next few months. In fact, I may be giving away the prototypes for people to play around with Smile
PAUL BROOK

Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
613 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Hey everyone,

The free supplement 'Over Inflated Ego' has just been released and emailed to all those who purchased 'Inflated Ego'.

It's a 13 page PDF that includes ideas, tips and tricks for 'Inflated Ego' from:

- Chris Cox
- Steve Haresign
- Wolfgang Lohfink
- Sudo
- Dan Ives
- Luca Volpe

I've thrown in some additional thoughts too Smile

All new orders automatically include the supplement. While I've emailed out the supplement to all those who purchased 'Inflated Ego' if you haven't received your email, do get in touch.

Remember to stay safe everyone. You're not STUCK at home, you're SAFE at home Smile

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2484 Posts

Profile of Chris K
I'm going to wait for reviews from Dr.J.Jamison and Mindseeker. They aren't as active talking about Paul Brook's products as they used to be.
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
613 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Well, I hope that your friends buy and review 'Inflated Ego' if that is what it takes for you to get behind this.

However, others have reviewed 'Inflated Ego' so you can take comfort in those words maybe?

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3378 Posts

Profile of Looch
Inflated Ego is one of those FUN FUN FUN!!! routines if you are performing at a conference or banquet. It utilises minimal props (literally some balloons and bits of card) and gives you 15 minutes of solid, commercial amazement! I genuinely recommend Pauls latest release and am looking forward to experimenting with developing a presentation for my show!

Smile
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Inflated Ego - Paul Brook (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL