The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Blue Illusion (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2019, MSD921 wrote:
Looks very nice. To clarify, before hitting "buy" button, I love the simplicity of Dai Vernon's color changing deck. So, with this box, can one bring out the "blue" deck from the blue box, do the routine to change the deck to red, put the "red" deck halfway?? into the box, change the box to red and put all away? Does that deck have to be halfway in the box to make the color change? Thanks much!!

That is exactly how I use it. It works very well.
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Abandoned by Dennis Reinsma & Blue Illusion by Yarden Aviv.

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
I’m a little confused with this review, I thought all 6 sides could be shown ??
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Kaan
After the change you can show all 6 sides, but before the change only 5
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
They can be after the change and even before the change up until you pull out the tuck flap . Even then your hand covers that so you can still show all sides except the end your hand is naturally covering . At the end it’s all as it should be and locked in place and you can fairly show it all round .
It’s a great gimmick I doubt anyone who buys this will be disappointed imo Gaz 🙂
Yarden_Aviv
View Profile
New user
Israel
33 Posts

Profile of Yarden_Aviv
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2019, JOurneyjoe wrote:
I wonder if there is a way to use this in conjunction with David Regal's "Sudden Deck"? Obviously as Deck Switch would have to take place but how cool would that sequence be!

Hi J0urneyjoe,
Although a great idea, both effects uses a completely gimmicked case that was specially made. Each for its own purpose.
Therefore unfortunately, due to the way they function, they can't be combined.
The new closer to your Ambitious Card routine: Transcend
lyoma
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of lyoma
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Yes MSD921 you can do all that for sure .
The deck only has to be in halfway purely to get the weight and momentum for the change .
It’s a great gimmick that works well Gaz 🙂

But to do Vernon's Color Changing Deck, you should pull out the deck once to perform it. I don't see how to combine Vernon's trick and The Blue Illusion.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
You can have any deck and any set up you wish in the box . This can be bought out and any routine done before changing the card box once they are finally put 2/3’s of the way back in at the end of the routine Gaz 🙂
lyoma
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of lyoma
Oh, thank you very much. It is a good news. The deck case doesn't change its colour, even it contains nothing, during performance of Vernon's trick (or anything else), does it?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
No I don’t think so Gaz 🙂
lyoma
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of lyoma
Can you leave the deck box on the table BEFORE changing colour, during card performance? I've heard that the box cannot be closely watched for a long time AFTER colour change. But the box can be left on the table BEFORE colour change, say for 2 minutes during Vernon's Colour Changing Deck?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes it can be left on the table before the change .
After the change it’s even better as it’s locked in place so better still Gaz 🙂
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Any recommendations on a really good colour changing deck routine to perform before the box change ?
Thank you in advance
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Oblivion by JB magic kind regards Gaz 🙂
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2019, AceFace wrote:
Any recommendations on a really good colour changing deck routine to perform before the box change ?
Thank you in advance

Roberto Giobbi's Color Changing Deck is good.
See video:
https://k52.media/prodotto/color-changing-deck/

Darko
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Agreed Darko thanks for the link Gaz 🙂
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Paul Harris' Color Stunner. Or my own Redoner. Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I took the liberty of pre-ordering this at Penguin. Looked pretty good to me. I also had the same idea many of you did that it would go great with the Vernon color changing deck, so I’ve been busily brushing up on that routine.

The last instant color changing box I owned was a long time back with Rob Bromley’s color changing box...but that used elastics. I understand that this one does not, which I thought was a big plus.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
This trick made me break my preorder rule, dang it.

I hope The Blue Illusion is as good as those who have it say it is.

Not having this but thinking about performing it, I like the suggestions to make the box color change part of the finish/climax. I was thinking of placing the spectators "blue card" on the table, inserting the cards and doing the color-changing box as part of a magical gesture towards the card where the box and card change together.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Nice idea Kaliix I like it Gaz 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Blue Illusion (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL