The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Entertaining Props (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie

I just found a listing for this interesting music box which plays "Do You Know the Way to San Jose?" I don't think I know the song but I will look it up. It just struck me on reading the song title that this could be an entertaining magic vehicle. Smile Please share more entertaining props here. I'd like to see some creativity flowing, please.

link

Thank you! Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Well, I thought perhaps "Do You Know the Way to San Jose?" might be a more period appropriate song. I like the question, though. Smile So perhaps, I'd instead extrapolate and use my covered wagon coin bank with some old pennies and sing a verse of "Carry Me Back to Old Virginny" or another suitable refrain. Smile

Lincoln pennies and "My Old Kentucky Home" maybe? Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I'd like to add a note about "My Old Kentucky Home". It's not in my repertoire, and, being Canadian, I haven't been well versed in its origins. I see there is some controversy regarding it's slavery references. Interestingly, it remains the state song of Kentucky, and is rather famously sung at the Kentucky Derby each year. Many Americans are rather unaware about the song, too, it seems. So I might choose perhaps to avoid that song choice.

But, then again, I think addressing issues and history and putting information out there is my preferred route, so I might choose to go ahead and use the song in the general historical context I originally mentioned. It was a song of its time. I think it could be quite effective, actually, perhaps indirectly educational.

No offense intended. I'm reminded of John Boy saying "If you burn these books, than we can't know about them," something to that effect. Smile

I really didn't intend to start a conversation with myself, but I don't suppose it's unusual for me, either. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Entertaining Props (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL