The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Which downloads for beginner? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Watson
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
55 Posts

Profile of Watson
Greetings. After being impressed by a Jay Scott Berry lecture download, I was wondering which of the multiple lecture downloads available would be worthwhile for a relative newcomer to finger and small ring magic? Specifically, which particular offerings from "Alakazam Academy", "At the Table Live Lectures", "Tarbell (Harlan)", and "Penquin Live" would be worth obtaining and learning from?? Thanks in advance for a reply.
The Celtic Conjurer - Insperata Floruit!
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1983 Posts

Profile of puggo
I would recommend:
-Gregory Wilson Ringleader download (or DVD)
-Mark Leveridge Master Routines DL
I've also heard good things about the 'New Relentless Ring And String by Bob Miller and DJ Ehlert' (but DVD only).

Nick Einhorn has some good routining on his live lectures and on the Pro-Flite/NoW packages.

Charlie
Watson
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
55 Posts

Profile of Watson
Thank you Charlie.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1344 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Those are all great sources mentioned above, I have them all.

Also, Check out the At the Table Lecture by Myles Thornton. LOTS of great ring and sharpie stuff. REALLY GOOD!
Gregory Wilson also has a ring and coin routine (download) available from Penguin call Ringside.

Best of luck to you.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
_W_
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of _W_
Check out Silversmith by Danny Goldsmith. The routine "Charmed" is a super visual coin and ring routine. If you get the whole project you also get a lot of his other amazing work, but it's also available as an individual download.
Conus
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Conus
Finger ring magic provides great options for you. Generally speaking, the routines can be expanded or condensed depending on your venue. The following are suggestions -- not sure which are 'augmented' with physical props as downloads at this time.

- "Ring Leader" by Greg Wilson features maybe 30 great moves, plus a demo of his routine. (The original VHS tape came with a printed index of the moves, an attractive gold color ring, and a length of his recommended high-class velvet cord.)
- "Great Scott" by Scott Guinn includes a nice ring and rope routine. (Was a book, now a DVD)
- "Sonata for Ring and String" by Dan Fleshman. IMHO, this routine is all you really need for a solid base. (Dan's original booklet included a length of his recommended string.)
- Francis Tabary's videos includes a terrific ring and rope routine.

Enjoy!
Watson
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
55 Posts

Profile of Watson
Such great assistance from you all. Many thanks!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6582 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2019, Conus wrote:

- "Great Scott" by Scott Guinn includes a nice ring and rope routine. (Was a book, now a DVD)

"Great Scott's Ring & Rope Routine" is done with a large harness ring and rope. I also have "Symphony for Ring and String" which is done with finger ring and string. The former is on my DVD and both are available in their own extensively explained and profusely illustrated ebooks on Lybrary. A link to my stuff there is in my signature block below my my posts here. I also have a few other routines in the larger collection ebooks there. I sold the rights to my stuff to Chris at Lybrary years ago, so I make nothing from your purchase, but I try to help people who are interested in my material to find it.

Happy New Year!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Pauldelafontaine
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Pauldelafontaine
Another vote for ring leader by G Wilson.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Which downloads for beginner? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL