The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gone by Leo Xing (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Are the envelopes examinable?

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12810

Ad copy:

A miracle that will fool even your smartest spectators. A freely chosen, signed card teleports from the deck, to a set of nested envelopes they've been holding on to the whole time.

HERE'S WHAT HAPPENS

1. You give your spectator 2 nested envelopes: a black envelope, inside of which is a smaller white envelope. They are both genuinely empty. The outer envelope even has a window so everyone can see them both the whole time. Your spectator holds onto these from this point on.

2. The spectator freely chooses any card, and signs it. The signed card is lost back in the deck.

3. With hands CLEARLY empty, you take out the white envelope, and while clearly showing it front and back, open it to show now ONE card is inside -- their freely chosen card with their signature on it.

A signed card from inside, not one, but TWO empty envelopes that the spectator is holding. Gone is an unforgettable effect with an innovative NEW method.

Gimmick included
No force, any signed card
No palming
Reset instantly
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
I would guess that the envelope touches the deck at some point
I am so sick of these edited demos
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, cardbiker wrote:

Agreed and it would have to touch, based on this type of effect, no palming
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
So show us really what the effect looks like, can’t stand that guy that demos for Penguin
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:

Happens right at the 1:15 minute mark
fcchief1
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Quote:

The video is not edited, if you watch you can see what happens. Card to envelope in wallet sans wallet
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I seem to recall that I had this same thing a few years ago when it was called Go Change.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9976
CoffeeWithMagic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of CoffeeWithMagic
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, videoman wrote:
I seem to recall that I had this same thing a few years ago when it was called Go Change.

Did you like it?
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, CoffeeWithMagic wrote:
Quote:

Did you like it?

I did like it and thought it was a pretty clever method but at the end of the day it just didn’t replace my CTW or Richard Pinner's PET, which I was also using a lot back then so I ended up giving Go Change away.
Hustler2014
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Hustler2014
Quote:

Did you actually watch the demo?! There is nothing edited about this at all - you can see the steal/move clearly at about 1:15 - clear as day?! What part of that do you believe is 'edited'?
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
The second part with the white envelope reminds me of "Solid Gold Easy Action Pro" by Ben Harris.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:

Was cheaper too...seems like the exact same trick.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2019, Hustler2014 wrote:
Quote:

Did you actually watch the demo?! There is nothing edited about this at all - you can see the steal/move clearly at about 1:15 - clear as day?! What part of that do you believe is 'edited'?

Yes, they partially show the move. Though, the demo was cut, you can tell. So all that goes into the loading/stealing of the card is not fully shown, only partially. But I do agree, you can figure out what needs to happen from the demo.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
Quote:

Ok then t-t a cut rather than an edit whatever it’s still there to make the trick look cleaner than it actually is
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:

Go Change (Red) by N2G and Leo Xing
The same guy....re-released the effect under another name? Why? Maybe Penguin bought the rights to it.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2019, cardbiker wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok then t-t a cut rather than an edit whatever it’s still there to make the trick look cleaner than it actually is

Agree cardbiker, I believe that the placement of the envelopes and loading of the card will take longer than what is shown in the demo. As always, I could be wrong but that is what I am thinking. I full uncut demo would be nice since there are so many of these type of effects already released. Would help buyers make a better decision if this one was better or looked better than the method they are already using.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
898 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Having played with Go Change in the past, it's really quick. I don't see why you think they are cheating?

All the best,
Dan
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2019, dyoung wrote:
Having played with Go Change in the past, it's really quick. I don't see why you think they are cheating?

All the best,
Dan

Not cheating, just would like to see a demo with no cuts.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
898 Posts

Profile of dyoung
I understand wanting to see an uncut demo, of course. Having played with Go Change, I think you see enough of the effect here in different cuts etc. to know what you're buying.

"I believe that the placement of the envelopes and loading of the card will take longer than what is shown in the demo." So you mean they are cheating? Smile

All the best,
Dan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gone by Leo Xing (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL