The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Arrow by SansMinds (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Infographicmagicreviews
View Profile
Regular user
Nelson
137 Posts

Profile of Infographicmagicreviews
Just saw this on their website.

took a plunge at it. looks easy and fun.

https://www.sansminds.com/product/arrow/
Hustler2014
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Hustler2014
This looks great!

Is it new? Haven't come across this one before!
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1979 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Pretty clear how this works, looks to be a very simple, practical gimmick. I don't see anyone being disappointed with this! Not sure how well the arrow will show up on a blue card in low lighting though.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10240 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Dunno, but IIRC blue is the colour that suits this type of gimmick best. I wonder if it’s controlled by weight / gravity, in that you release pressure after turning it and it drops.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1979 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 20, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Dunno, but IIRC blue is the colour that suits this type of gimmick best. I wonder if it’s controlled by weight / gravity, in that you release pressure after turning it and it drops.

I agree, the gimmick needs to be blue, just hoping it looks good in low light. As for weight, I doubt it, he's probably activating with his thumb. Not much movement needed as the gimmick only moves a slight bit to activate the change.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1979 Posts

Received it. I can't believe they missed the boat on this... It was a guaranteed winner but the construction is just bad. The way I imagined it was built would work way better... This DOES use weight and because of that, the way it's constructed makes the gimmick glaringly obvious unless the lighting is extremely dim... I don't recommend this to anyone.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10240 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I assumed that was the method Patrick only because it’s a sans minds release and knowing they would’ve taken the easiest, cheapest option.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1979 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 25, 2019, pegasus wrote:
I assumed that was the method Patrick only because it’s a sans minds release and knowing they would’ve taken the easiest, cheapest option.

But that's the thing, their method compared to mine isn't cheaper or easier to make. Technically, theirs is slightly more complex. But it makes it useless.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17288 Posts

Profile of joseph
Thank you for 'pointing' us in the right direction.. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2263 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Here is my two cent observation / magic review / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7gzlKZDGKk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Arrow by SansMinds (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL