The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Darkest routines ever... (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
DrIlluminatus
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of DrIlluminatus
Stealing someones soul
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1471 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Releasing a demon from Prof BC's Aes Goetia with all the lights out, pk touches & a spirit bell going off, darkest routine I can think of....
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of topherhester
DrIlluminatus, you reminded of a routine I do where I tell of a story of someone who says “I would do anything if someone would help me” and a mysterious man appears which they suspect is the devil. It’s loosely based on Wagers of Sin by Max Maven. I wrote up the contract before the show but only had tyvek paper laying around. I had bought it to make some practice sheets for doing bill changes with a TT. Anyways, the time came and after losing a really fair game in which they odds should be in their favor dramatically, I ask them to sign over their soul. Every time I’ve done this in a show, the participant actually signs as they think it’s still part of the show. I conclude the routine and as I was sending the first person back to the seat I remember you can’t tear tyvek. The light bulb went off and I said “Wait, I know this is for entertainment purposes but it really wouldn’t sit well with me if I sent you with a signed contract giving your soul to the devil. Just so we can both rest tonight without any guilt, tear up that contract real quick and let’s get rid of it.

Of course they try and try and can’t. It just so happened that the first person who came up when I first performed this in a show was a big guy who used to powerlift in the 300+ weight classes. He couldn’t tear it.... Once he starts struggling, everyone around started noticing and laughing. I ended with “it seems these contracts are more binding than I anticipated.”
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of topherhester
Will, I missed out on both Witch H@zel and The Kn0wing G@me! I’ll get them someday.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3321 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2019, topherhester wrote:
Will, I missed out on both Witch H@zel and The Kn0wing G@me! I’ll get them someday.

Witch Hazel is pretty reasonable still but TKG will cost you dearly as far as I can tell. Maybe a lung or kidney plus some cash. lol
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
748 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2019, topherhester wrote:
DrIlluminatus, you reminded of a routine I do where I tell of a story of someone who says “I would do anything if someone would help me” and a mysterious man appears which they suspect is the devil. It’s loosely based on Wagers of Sin by Max Maven. I wrote up the contract before the show but only had tyvek paper laying around. I had bought it to make some practice sheets for doing bill changes with a TT. Anyways, the time came and after losing a really fair game in which they odds should be in their favor dramatically, I ask them to sign over their soul. Every time I’ve done this in a show, the participant actually signs as they think it’s still part of the show. I conclude the routine and as I was sending the first person back to the seat I remember you can’t tear tyvek. The light bulb went off and I said “Wait, I know this is for entertainment purposes but it really wouldn’t sit well with me if I sent you with a signed contract giving your soul to the devil. Just so we can both rest tonight without any guilt, tear up that contract real quick and let’s get rid of it.

Of course they try and try and can’t. It just so happened that the first person who came up when I first performed this in a show was a big guy who used to powerlift in the 300+ weight classes. He couldn’t tear it.... Once he starts struggling, everyone around started noticing and laughing. I ended with “it seems these contracts are more binding than I anticipated.”

That is a great and first use of tyvek in a Bizarre routine that I have read about, a very dark routine indeed. What do you do to the tyvek to make it look like a actual paper document?
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of topherhester
The tyvek I got is like paper. It’s really thin and pliable and the size I used was the size of common stationary paper. So I didn’t do much to it. I just folded it and put it in a black envelope that I had sealed with wax and a pentagram seal.
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
748 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Very cool - thanks!
Mad0hatter
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of Mad0hatter
At an open mic night for the bar I worked at I did a version of Docc Hilford's Murder by Mail done without any acknowledgment of it being less than real black magic. And the fact is a very real person has died so the effect has a very real very finite realism to it.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Elite user
Hookland
477 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2019, gothicmagic wrote:
Hmm My Death Card routine where the selected audience member has died in their sleep and must win back their chance at life, Fallen Angels By Paul prater (about a fire at an orphanage) Inferno about a Circus fire
;) 99% of all my material is Dark

and we do have cookies

You have cookies? You actually give ordinary innocent people cookies? You sick *******!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5268 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
This is my pick... https://www.geminiartifacts.com/products/vade-retro-satana

I own it. Love that I have it. And have yet to show it to anyone. It creeps me out that much.

Exorcism has always disturbed me. Perhaps due to my strict Catholic upbringing, or my questions regarding whether there is, or isn't an afterlife. Whatever. This effect is so powerful to me that I have yet summoned the strength to demonstrate it.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
professortango
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of professortango
A bullet catch that goes wrong and ends up with the blood/brains revealing the chosen card. Some performances I don't even bow, just lie there until the audience clears out.
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
979 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
"Memories of Emily" is the one routine I own that is so dark and disturbing I will never perform it.
Bob
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of topherhester
I’m not aware of that one. When I went to search for it to buy only Emily V2 is available. Sounds like it’s been tamed a bit computed to V1. Bummer.
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of topherhester
Compared to*
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3321 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2019, professortango wrote:
A bullet catch that goes wrong and ends up with the blood/brains revealing the chosen card. Some performances I don't even bow, just lie there until the audience clears out.

I remember that one. The guy missed the catch and the .50 caliber round split his head wide open and he lay on the stage for over 12 hours before he died. But you didn't mention the failed impale trick where the guy was skewered with thousands of bamboo shards and was begging someone to kill him because he was in so much pain. Then that other guy who repelled from the flaming helicopter and missed the pond and splattered himself into a parked vehicle.....

Oh wait! That wasn't a show, it was one of my day in my life in Vietnam 1966.... Darkest I know of. Sorry for the flashback but sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between the real surreal times and manufactured ones.
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
748 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2019, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:

I remember that one. The guy missed the catch and the .50 caliber round split his head wide open and he lay on the stage for over 12 hours before he died. But you didn't mention the failed impale trick where the guy was skewered with thousands of bamboo shards and was begging someone to kill him because he was in so much pain. Then that other guy who repelled from the flaming helicopter and missed the pond and splattered himself into a parked vehicle.....

Oh wait! That wasn't a show, it was one of my day in my life in Vietnam 1966.... Darkest I know of. Sorry for the flashback but sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between the real surreal times and manufactured ones.

Whoa - Dark indeed - I hope your memories of this Holiday time are full of warmth, happiness, love, and a little Bizarre Magic.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3321 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2019, Lo Pan wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2019, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:

Whoa - Dark indeed - I hope your memories of this Holiday time are full of warmth, happiness, love, and a little Bizarre Magic.

Thanks Lo Pan, yours as well.
Thesaintinscarlet
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Thesaintinscarlet
Got to be my names routine.
We talk about the three kinds of names people possess.
Your given name, which is how people have power over you.
Your taken name, which is how you take control of your life.
And your true name which encapsulates the very soul of your being. It requires a lifetime of study to even comprehend. Let alone put into words.

Each phase of the routine focuses on one type of name and the power it holds. We finish on the true name. Which is hard to put into words.
Instead, we pull someone's soul out of their body and let them hold it so they might further understand what they are.

Sometimes I even let them have their soul back.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3321 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2020, Thesaintinscarlet wrote:
Got to be my names routine.
We talk about the three kinds of names people possess.
Your given name, which is how people have power over you.
Your taken name, which is how you take control of your life.
And your true name which encapsulates the very soul of your being. It requires a lifetime of study to even comprehend. Let alone put into words.

Each phase of the routine focuses on one type of name and the power it holds. We finish on the true name. Which is hard to put into words.
Instead, we pull someone's soul out of their body and let them hold it so they might further understand what they are.

Sometimes I even let them have their soul back.

I need a copy of that routine. Be my luck I'd have a spectator without a soul to snatch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Darkest routines ever... (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL