The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » New Ammar Deluxe Cups (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Michael Ammar has new cups on the market. Out of fun curiosity, has anyone used them?
https://store.ammarmagic.com/miamdecuand......0b895b88
BobMc
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
151 Posts

Profile of BobMc
I think they look great and the price seems reasonable to me. It sounds like they are CNC cups. It looks like there is a chance it will hold a tennis ball based on the dimensions, but since he doesn't specify a tennis ball, I am not sure.

Height: 3 inches
Width: 3 inches (mouth, exterior edges) / 2.75" (interior)
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Good point. They are larger than a Paul Fox but it doesn't specify the final load capacity.
wsgumby
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of wsgumby
These are actually the Artistic Cups and Balls 2 and are very similar to the original A.C.A.B. except they are lighter in color and have slightly thicker beads. They will hold a tennis ball. They came with light blue balls and a green drawstring bag. These are nice heavy cups that could have been priced a lot more.
kcmagic1
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of kcmagic1
A 2.75" opening will fit a tennis ball. 3.0" a baseball and 3.375 - 3.5 a naval orange
Designer of the 1000-G cups - the most durable cups in magic www.kristiancharles.com/1000-g
kcmagic1
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of kcmagic1
I should add, 2.625" a lacrosse ball I believe. If I am not mistaken, the Paul Fox cups have a 2.625 mouth opening. I am not 100% on that but I believe that is correct
Designer of the 1000-G cups - the most durable cups in magic www.kristiancharles.com/1000-g
mcmc
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of mcmc
Thanks for the pointer that it's the ACAB2.

Here's the dimensions from Vanishing Inc.:
Outside Diameter - 2 13/16"
Inside Diameter - 2 5/8"
Outside Height - 3 1/8"
Inside Height - 2 3/4"
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Lacrosse balls vary in size, just enough to have made it impossible for me to find any that fit my Paul Fox cups. I took my cups to sporting goods stores and tried balls out in person. Big fail.

See: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......288972#3
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2020, karnak wrote:
Lacrosse balls vary in size, just enough to have made it impossible for me to find any that fit my Paul Fox cups. I took my cups to sporting goods stores and tried balls out in person. Big fail.

It is a hit and miss game. Been there myself. Keep searching.
That is all.
kcmagic1
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of kcmagic1
Maybe a lacrosse ball was an overstatement? I thought they were 2.625". Either way, it is too small of a load size!! In my opinion
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Anything Michael Ammar sells is"GOOD STUFF".

The cups look nice to me and, handling-wise, at nearly two pounds for the set of three, I imagine they feel "just right" for most cup workers.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Maybe there is a "season" for lacrosse. I don't know. A few years ago, just about the time I made that post about the size of lacrosse balls, I purchased several dozen lacrosse balls from various sources. Some I got from mail order houses, others from sporting goods stores. As I heve mentioned in several posts on the Café, the sizes have varied quite a bit since the manufacturers started getting them from China.

Who made your Paul Fox cups?

Quote:
On Jan 10, 2020, karnak wrote:

"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2020, Bill Palmer wrote:
Who made your Paul Fox cups?

Rings-n-Things 2.

Quote:
As I heve mentioned in several posts on the Café, the sizes have varied quite a bit since the manufacturers started getting them from China.

So much so that I couldn't find any that fit (and I went through a big bin-full at a local large sporting goods chain store).

But I don't really mind. For final loads, I instead decided to invest in Michael Ammar's Fab Fruit.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
Here is my in-depth review of Michael Ammar's Deluxe Cups & Balls (AKA Artistic Cups & Balls v2):
https://youtu.be/6rvnhCUeFTc

Hope you like it.

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2020, alexhui wrote:
Here is my in-depth review of Michael Ammar's Deluxe Cups & Balls (AKA Artistic Cups & Balls v2):

Hope you like it.

Alex Hui
Hong Kong

Alex, You're video is set to be private so I'm unable to access it.
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2020, ekins wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2020, alexhui wrote:

Hope you like it.

Alex Hui
Hong Kong

Alex, You're video is set to be private so I'm unable to access it.

I have fixed it. Sorry for that.

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
Daniel A. Day II
View Profile
New user
Apache Junction, AZ
30 Posts

Profile of Daniel A. Day II
I just got my set from Mr. Ammar on Friday. The cups are big and heavy, which I like.

I was able to fit a tennis ball in a cup.

I was also able to fit a lacrosse ball in a cup.

I was also able to get three of the 1” balls to nest on top of a cup covered with another cup without any wobble.

It is a very nice set.

Regards,
Daniel
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Has anyone been using these in shows for awhile and beating on them?

I know that might be hard these days, but thinking about getting a set of these and wondering if they have gotten deformed at all after using them for some time.

The Michael Ammar store and the TCC site says that these are made from solid brass, not copper, but the review says that they are copper. Does anyone know for sure?

Has anyone actually weighed the cups? I'm curious if there was any difference in the weight of each cup.

What actually changed between version 1 and 2? I saw above that it said it's a lighter color and thicker beads. Was there anything else?
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Actually the copper version is the ACAB 2 plated in copper, not solid copper like the ad implies. The cups are beautiful, equally weighted, most likely due to the CNC machining which
is flawless in all 5 sets I own. I'm a little late catching cup fever Smile

You can't go wrong with these for the price and as worker cups.

Jake Jr.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2020, Mad Jake wrote:
Actually the copper version is the ACAB 2 plated in copper, not solid copper like the ad implies. The cups are beautiful, equally weighted, most likely due to the CNC machining which
is flawless in all 5 sets I own. I'm a little late catching cup fever Smile

You can't go wrong with these for the price and as worker cups.

Jake Jr.

Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » New Ammar Deluxe Cups (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL