The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » My Version - Clarence Miller's Drawer Box (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lnlver
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of lnlver
Here is a project I completed recently - my version of Clarence Miller's drawer box. He invented his after seeing drawer boxes only partially withdrawn. He wanted to be able to remove the drawer entirely from the case and then produce items.

It is sized to hold a complete deck of playing cards. It works differently than Miller's in that the box can be held in any way - Miller pinched the sides of his box to keep the load in - and the box can even be held upright without dropping the load. Miller kept his box level when performing his trick.

Click here to view attached image.
lnlver
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of lnlver
Also, in mine, the magician controls the moment the load is activated. For example, the drawer can be inserted and
partially withdrawn several times and only when they are wanted, will the items appear.

I built this so that the drawer looks indistinguishable before and after the load. I think that in the other versions of drawer boxes, the final drawer looks much larger than the beginning drawer. But I'm not sure about this, since I haven't been able to view any of these. I wanted a major feature of mine to be that the audience would not be able to distinguish any differences before and after the playing cards appear.

lnlver
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of lnlver
I'm fairly certain our mechanical methods are identical. I used 3 rubber bands for the hinge; in the event one breaks, the other two should make the flap continue to work for a while.

J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3395 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Nice work Inlver, I really like my Miller box but you have done a great job with yours.

John
Kevin Janise
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Kevin Janise
Looks very nice. Do you happen to have a video of it in action?

Kevin
lnlver
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of lnlver
Not yet; I do now have a You Tube channel and I do intend to make videos of this and the other tricks I have made sometime soon. I have to play around with my camcorder and video editing software.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » My Version - Clarence Miller's Drawer Box (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL