The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » 809 ? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
The point of developing the Mandolin 809 deck was suppose to be so USPC could/would print gaffs with altered back designs.
Has this happened ?
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
keilunmagic
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of keilunmagic
Definitely not. To make it worse Mandolin decks are the worst quality decks I’ve seen in a decade, even worse than Standards.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have not seen any problems with Mandolin quality. Garrett Thomas uses them all the time (I would assume) since his "Speed Reader" decks are all printed on Mandolin backs as well as his "Stand Up Monte".

As far as gaffed backs, I think I have seen "Maiden Back" used more than "Mandolin" overall. Penguin seems "All-In" with Maidens as their marked cards are Maiden back and come pre-stacked in "Mnemonica" as their New Deck Order.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
keilunmagic
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of keilunmagic
Before switching to Phoenix, I was exclusively using Mandolin (because of the Speedreader) and bought few bricks for duplicates, gaff making, etc. When my decks started running low, I didn't buy more and immediately switched to Phoenix. Still miss the m...s position of the speed-reader, but Phoenix are excellent and much better with my eyesight getting worse. Maidens are much better quality, but I discarded that option because the m...s are not always easy to read from a spread.
KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of KokoB
I still prefer Bicycle decks over all named on this thread
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I will guess you mean either "Bicycle" "Standard" or "808 Rider Back" because every deck mentioned in this thread so far are in fact "Bicycle" brand (with the exception of Phoenix, even though they are printed and cut on the same machines in the "Bicycle" factory and go thru a stricter QC protocol than "Standards").
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » 809 ? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL