The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fauxlogical by Reddevil (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Reddevil will soon be releasing a new effect (more like a series of tools) to the community. He sent me a video of Fauxlogical very early on. This was his take on a familiar effect that is well known and has many variations. The video he sent me stopped right before the revelation and he challenged me to come up with a solution. I must admit... I had absolutely no idea how he could have any valuable information. I sat there for 10 minutes or more trying to play with the trick and try it on myself, and the more I thought about it, the more perplexed I was. It was IMPOSSIBLE. There was absolutely no way he could know anything. He sent the second half of the video, and sure enough, he revealed absolutely everything. I was fooled—bad.

He has since shared the workings and all of the variations with me. I smiled while reading the explanation because I realized he got me good; I fell right for this ingenious trap he set. Reddevil has come up with many brand new methods which culminate in one strong routine.

Listen, if you want to fool laymen, this will do that and be entertaining. But if you want to fool your fellow magician and mentalist friends, this has a peculiar aspect where the more they know about other methods, the more they will be fooled by this one. It will get them good. I think it’s always great to have a magician fooler in your back pocket; sometimes you’ll run into a fellow performer “in the wild,” and I believe you should have just one piece to leave them fooled.

The pdf you’ll receive with this is over 75 pages in two parts. Book One is the effect I was shown in the video. Book Two introduces a new principle to use in combination with the core method of Book One. This additional principle gives you many new options and freedom in how you present the effect.

Unfortunately, I can’t say much more about what it is or how it’s performed for now—I’ll leave that up to Reddevil. But if you like the sound of the above, be on the lookout for “Fauxlogical”

Madison
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
RedDevil showed me this and I was sent down the rabbit hole only to emerge without a clue. This is a very clever use of simple principles that are not the ones that you assume are being used. This is certainly a magician fooler but not at the expense of the experience for laymen.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Mr. Dural
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Mr. Dural
How long until we get a description of the effect ?
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
I was also duped by this and had the pleasure of tossing ideas back and forth with RedDevil regarding this over the last few days. I think folks are going to be pleased; it's most certainly an interesting (and devious!) addition to this genre of effects. I literally laughed out loud and smacked my forehead when he revealed it's workings - and so will you, too. The more you know about this type of effect, the further you're going to be stumped. It's sure to drive analytical folks bananas. Smile
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I have never been disappointed with RedDevil's releases - TITE being an especial favourite - am am really looking forward to Fauxlogical. And what a great name for a release too.

Neil
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Would it fall under the category of prediction, mind-reading, or "other"?
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
If it's coming from Red Devil then it must be devious.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Hi, all. So sorry I have been scarce. Happy New Year to everyone.

First, thanks to Sudo, Madison, and Mark for taking time with me on this. And thanks for the kind words from everyone. I love being a part of this community as a creator, and I have many of you to thank for the privilege and honor of doing it over the past several years.

Yes, I am very excited that I have a new project that is almost complete. It's been over two years since I released TITE, and life has changed so much for me since then. Actually, it's been Hell, but that's a story for another day.

I am working on the description on this, and I will release the description soon.

Just so I don't let the hype build up too much, yes, it will fool 98% of any laymen, and I am proud to say that I think it will fool at least half of the mentalists who see it as well. It's effectively a rope-a-dope. I lead you down the rabbit-hole, and then surprise you. I hope it will make people smile regardless.

And if it does fool you, great. It will be an entertaining piece to talk about at the magic club with your friends. But whether it fools YOU or not, you will have another version in your collection of a treasured plot to perform for laymen, and I hope you will admire the boldness of it and have a new method or two hidden in your hands...in SECTION ONE.

But here's the kicker. The biggest value in the book, IMHO, is SECTION TWO.

I have some principles to teach that I think you are going to really, really like and use for many things. I have showed these principles to a some very knowledgeable people that we all know, and they think I have a set of tools that are new and original enough for your toolbox that will make you all happy...even if you don't like the effect in Section One. It's based on a principle we all know about, but I have discovered, let's say, some pretty cool things about how to use it that will be extremely helpful in close-up and impromptu work, but maybe in stage work too.

The point of FAUXLOGICAL is not a one-off routine; instead it is a set of principles that you will hopefully use to create routines that you like better than mine. In the end, you guys will have to tell me whether you like it as much as I do after I release it in 3-4 weeks.

The eBOOK is almost 80 pages in 16-point font. Please stay tuned, and please know how much I appreciate all the support over the years! ...Robert
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Manos Kartsakis
I am very interested in this release. I have always appreciated the thinking behind the routines of RedDevil so I cannot wait to discover this one. Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Sounds horny.
aladetomiwa
View Profile
New user
Nigeria
42 Posts

Profile of aladetomiwa
I don't have TITE but I'll love for this to be the first Red devil release I'll buy
I really can't wait
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I echo the thoughts mentioned above.

I have known RedDevil for a while now, and we recently had a nice conversation about this, and then he fried me with this.

Leave it to the genious to figure out the method, aka Michael Murray. RedDevil mentioned that he showed Michael and Michael was able to figure it out.

This is some truly genius thinking on RedDevil's part. You will want to use this any chance you get.

I am showing this to the wife today, and will report my thoughts back later tonight.

I cant say much now, but just know that it is layered in a way that will make you smile once you know the secret.

As always with RedDevil you are getting quality, and great thinking and subtleties to go along with this.

As Madison says, he takes you down the garden path, and just when you think you know the method, BAM, you don't.

I would say this is going to be an instant hit with many of you mentalists/magicians.

This is something that you can do anytime, anywhere, with anyone.

Also, this is something that will fool laymen 100%, and mentalists I would say most mentalists, I was duped, as were others who have seen this, with some exceptions as stated above.

And this is all just from Book One. Book Two has other variations that you can do, and you can choose and pick what you want to do with it.

Again, smart thinking from RedDevil, and I suspect many will use it once released.

Alex Alejandro

More tonight.....
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
What I especially like about RedDevil's releases are that many tend to be tools for you to use and shape as you want. This certainly applied to TITE as well as some other releases and it looks as if it will also apply to Fauxlogical. I am very much looking forward to buying and reading.

Neil
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Thanks for the kind words, Neil, Alex, Manos, and John C (I think....haha). And aladetomiwa, welcome to the Café.

I am excited about this project, and I think there is something in it for everyone. And Neil, my friend, I believe you are correct. It was my mission in this book to make sure you didn't just leave with an effect or two (or 5), but tools you can apply for your own devices and routines.

I have released the description of the effect at my website if anyone is interested. I have tried to be as transparent as I can without giving away the candy store, and I would like to ask a personal favor that any conjectures about the methods not be discussed here in Latest & Greatest. I am taking pre-orders now to reward anyone who wants to have faith early in the project, and I don't think it would be fair to answer any questions about the methods so I don't give it away. I sent the description to my mailing list earlier today, and you can find it at Https://reddevilmentalism.blogspot.com

Thanks again for the kind words. I think you guys are really going to enjoy performing this!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

So I forgot to come log in here and let you know my experience with this first time around last night.

I managed to set-up the premise with my wife as we were making dinner, and then I proceeded to perform the routine from Book 1, which is the main routine.

She was trying to backtrack the effect, but she couldn't, it is very fooling. she loved it.

Will be doing it more often, but for now after 1 pass through its a keeper.

Plus, its impromptu so you can always do it at a moments notice.

I am sure RedDevil will give more details on what the effect actually is soon.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Manos Kartsakis
Just sent the payment via Paypal. I knew that this would probably be a plot that interests me from a comment RedDevil had made somewhere in this thread and it turns out that I wasn't wrong. Looking forward to getting the download. Awaiting impatiently.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Thanks, Manos. Hope you enjoy it.

The book has blown up to over 100 pages, and I keep adding to it just because I want to give you all as many ideas as possible concerning the principles in Book TWO after the original routine has been explained. The more the pages, the more the editing. It's a monster for an eBOOK. I feel pretty sure that everyone will get something out of it that they can use.

Here are three of the routines in addition to the original one:

Zombie Faux-Quivoque (FOE QUA VOKE)--Designed as both a routine for laymen, but also a conversation piece for fellow mentalists. If the latter, the mentalist spectator is given four coins and has a series of choices that look like Equ*****e. But each time, the performer corrects himself and gives the spectator a fair and defined choice instead. In the end, the performer proves he can divine the choices every time!

Right-Left Roulette--The spectator is given 4 coins and told that three of them are poison and only one single coin is safe. Three business cards are on the table the entire time, and the last one has a coin hidden underneath. She chooses one of the four coins in a very fair manner and is even allowed to change her mind in the end. Even so, the coin under the card matches her ultimate prediction...and saves her life!

Faux-as-I-Faux--The performer and spectator each hold four different coins, two in each hand, standing back to back. The spectator has a totally free choice of how to arrange her four coins, and the performer is not allowed to peek. Demonstrating his skill to influence her choices, the performer invites her to play a game of blind do-as-I-do, moving coins from one hand to the other...and the free choices are commanded by the spectator! Even so, they impossibly end up with the same coins in each hand.

The full description of the eBOOK is at my website at www.reddevilmentalism.com
Mr. Dural
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Mr. Dural
@RedDevil,

I'm looking forward to this one! Just 2 questions :

I love collecting principles of mentalism so I'm about to put this order in but I would like to know about part of the description : The part about 2 types of people sounds very similar to one of the effects in Manos's book Unveiled. Is there some overlap in terms of method here ?

2. Will there be a facebook group with standard demo (for us lsydexic folk), as you did with TITE?

Thank you
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Hi, Mr. Dural...My manuscript and Manos's have totally different methods. As for the personality test in the first section of the book, I have essentially provided for everyone a very simple reading system with a cup and three coins to create engagement and a reason for having the coins in the first place...and to set things up for later.

Sure, I see no reason why we couldn't have a FB page. I can see that as beneficial for me to do some quick demo vids on the "tools" in Section 2. Stay tuned on that.

I appreciate the interest everyone, and I am honored that so many people have taken advantage of the pre-order special. The standard price goes up to $35.00 (my typical sale price for all my ebooks, which hasn't gone up since 2015). The eBOOK is over 100 pages in 16-point font, and you can find more info at www.reddevilmentalism.com
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
As a creator I have a tendency to pass up on 99% of all releases and instead only take interest in those which offer me a fresh set of tools to play with. Given that Red Devil’s previous works have always offered me a generous amount of food for thought, I was very keen to know more about his latest offering ‘Fauxlogical’. Having witnessed the routines and ideas first hand I was instantly excited to play with the principles at work since they rather naturally lend themselves to countless routining variants.

I must also add that the routines as presented within this manuscript are built on solid foundations and are highly effective in their own right. So, no matter if you are looking for a wonderful impromptu mental mystery to add to your repertoire, or are looking for some new techniques to play with, you won’t be disappointed here Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fauxlogical by Reddevil (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL