The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Senator Clark Crandall Coin Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

noland
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of noland
I previously posted this topic in another section, but got no response. Perhaps I picked the wrong site, so I'm reposting the topic here. Abbott's used to market a gimmicked glass called "Visible Miser's Dream". I remember attending a lecture more than 50 years ago at Al Cohen's magic shop in Washington DC at which Clark Crandall did a dealer demo that included this prop. But instead of using the glass to produce coins, which was the intended purpose of the glass, Crandall
used it to make coins disappear, one by one. To start, he would have a spectator count about ten coins into the glass, then dump them out of the glass and count them again. Each time this was repeated, there would be one fewer coins--to Crandall's seemingly growing frustration. Eventually, all the coins disappeared. It was a very funny routine. Does anyone remember specific details of this routine or know if this routine was ever published anywhere?
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Perhaps contact Chris Wasshuber of library.com and ask if he can tell you if the #3 trick listed, One Cup, is the coin routine you are looking for.
https://www.lybrary.com/eight-plus-one-p-239856.html
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
Try -google- Abbott's -visible misers dream - saw - 1 for sale with a routine (?) description.???????????/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Senator Clark Crandall Coin Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL