The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Why are most vendors out of I.T.R? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NoahMaximus
View Profile
New user
Florida
9 Posts

Profile of NoahMaximus
I went to 3 of the more popular sellers of magic, and all 3 had every single I.T.R. out of stock?

Is there a reason for this. I had one I used for a very long time, it finally broke, I was looking to replace it as it worked great for over 20 years, but I don't want to order a cheaply made junk off eBay.

Any ideas why I.T.R.r's are out of stock everywhere? I seriously doubt there was a huge demand over the holiday for them.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22165 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Well you don't have to buy from eBay, try the originator, or websites that carry the brand or version you like to use.

The reason most magic shops don't carry it is simply loose of income. They are made from cheap delicate materials. Most people think, they can buy an ITR and go out and perform it. So they pull the read and release it and break it the within minutes. Or, the elastic breaks. So they take it back to the store and blame the product, and not themselves for not carefully learning how to use and handle the gimmick. They don't bother to learn how to repair it, so there is only so many times a business can keep replacing a product, before realizing that this is to great a lose for their business.

The original inventor moved to India, last I heard, and is very slow at providing the devices. So that is another factor, and he is very lax at providing feedback to customers and vendors.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
NoahMaximus
View Profile
New user
Florida
9 Posts

Profile of NoahMaximus
Well, I hope they get back in stock. I was not going to order anything off eBay, but it seems that it is the only place that has them, and they clearly are going to be loud, poorly made and junk.

I wish I could have found the bands that went to the old one I had. I guess when I find a new one, I'll buy another one to have on reserve.
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
992 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Maybe there is a low supply of black panty hose in dumpsters. hehe. no it must be a thread supply problem. Also it is much harder to do it than it seems.
NoahMaximus
View Profile
New user
Florida
9 Posts

Profile of NoahMaximus
Well I put in a special order, so next week I'll be back on track w/ my new fav trick to do.

Someone should sell repair kits for these, I'm sure it would do pretty good.
tom_stamm
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
236 Posts

Profile of tom_stamm
Maybe they aren’t really out. Maybe they just loose track of the product —- because it’s INVISIBLE.

I am SO sorry.
Just Some Guy.

"For Seven Tons of the King's Tea,
Six Fine Ladies to Fight a Great Jackass -- me."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Why are most vendors out of I.T.R? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL