The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Northern Virginia/DC (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

djsqzme
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of djsqzme
Hi everyone, From Arlington VA here. Started getting into magic 2 years ago, learned a couple of slights via youtube, watch a ton of penn and teller fool us, currently trying to perfect DPS, mnemonicosis, and perfectly oiled Smile Looking forward to joining the forums and becoming a better performer.

Books I've flipped through:
RRTCM, Expert at the card table, Mnemonica

feel free to share anything else I should read Smile
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome djsqzme,

Be careful of random YouTube lessons. They aren't always a good source and being fairly new, you might not be able to tell.

Having used Aronson's for years, I can tell you, learning the Mnemonica tool is VERY useful.

Best of Fun.

-Mary Mowder
djsqzme
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of djsqzme
Thank you Mary. yes I love the mnemonica stack, I actually performed mnemonicosis for a friend yesterday and he named a card and cut directly to it twice in a row. What are the odds! of course the reactions I got were OMG no way!!! I do however have to find better ways of getting to their named card if they were to miss the cut. I have lots to learn. I think one of the other things I need to work on is false shuffling to convince the crowd it is a "well mixed/shuffled deck"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Northern Virginia/DC (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL