The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Andrew wimhurst (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
I recently bought the Andrew Wimhurst book on his card technique. Of all the books I have ever bought, this book is up there with the best. Anyone wanna discuss his work?
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
If you're lucky, you can discuss it with the man himself as he posts here intermittently.

I got the book on a whim while on holiday in Melbourne, and it's a pretty good book. You can kinda tell though that Darwin Ortiz is his main influence.

He has a really nice interesting idea on the Greek deal and I really like his center deal. It's a much more natural grip and technique for me after I was struggling with the Gene Maze deal. (not that my centers are any good, just not as bad...=p)
Tielie
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Tielie
Where can the book be found? I only heared of his video.
Deal cards, not drugs!
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
Yeh, you can definetly tell the ortiz influence.which also means great material.
the book was great not for routines but the sleights, wow( stevens control and cull).
and that sleight was definetly worth the price of the book.
I absolutely loved estimation aces.
center deal was great and the greek.
incidentally, I just heared the fred robinson greek deal is gonna be tipped in his book and as andrew says its the best method so I'll keep my eye out for that.
the gene maze deal wasnt my cup of tea too.i havn't decided between the wimhurst or kennedy deal as too which one I'm gonna work on.prob work on both and see what feels good.

overall, great stuff!!!

You have to get the book from him direct.
if you go to 'magictalk' there is a book review section.
its called 'down under deals' and at the end of review you get his e-mail.
I think his e-mail is on the video
if you like ortiz, your gonna love this!!!

Quote:
On 2004-05-31 16:35, kukram wrote:
Yeh, you can definetly tell the ortiz influence.which also means great material.
the book was great not JUST for routines but the sleights, wow( stevens control and cull).
and that sleight was definetly worth the price of the book.
I absolutely loved estimation aces.
center deal was great and the greek.
incidentally, I just heared the fred robinson greek deal is gonna be tipped in his book and as andrew says its the best method so I'll keep my eye out for that.
the gene maze deal wasnt my cup of tea too.i havn't decided between the wimhurst or kennedy deal as too which one I'm gonna work on.prob work on both and see what feels good.

overall, great stuff!!!

I left out a word on my other post which makes a huge difference. It's added above in capitals.

Thank god I reread my post. Ha.
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1936 Posts

Profile of iamslow
He definitly kicks *** with a deck of cards.
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Nikos
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Nikos
I first met Andrew at a Joshua Jay lecture that Andrew hosted at his home a few years ago.
I thought that Andrew was just a magic hobbiest until he did some card magic that blew me and everyone else away.
He'll be going to work overseas for a few years in the next month or so, if he hasnt left already. So if you are going to buy the book from him you better try and get a hold of him ASAP.
Darwin Ortiz is a close friend of Andrew's and a major influence.
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
459 Posts

Profile of Kingry
I picked up my copy from Denny.
timkun2004
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of timkun2004
You can also get a copy from magicbookshop.com

-Tim
Cardic
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
129 Posts

Profile of Cardic
Get everything what he has created.. amazing stuff
jamesharrington
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of jamesharrington
Where can I buy his books?

Many thanks.
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1030 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Andrew is one of the most talented guys I have ever seen perform with a deck of cards. His routines are solid, he is very entertaining and he is a nice guy to boot (even if he talks funny).

You should also pick up his video from A-1 called "The Card Artistry of Andrew Wimhurst". There is an effect on there called "Cheating at 21" which I use any chance I can. It is extremely clever and it fooled me badly when I saw it.
ME
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Andrew wimhurst (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL