The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Bullet Catch Outdone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PatrickErrins
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of PatrickErrins
Hello All,

Once again, this appears to be the best category to ask this question under.

I have designed a version of the bullet catch, the only difference being my version is 110% examinable by audience member and law enforcment officers. It is 110% safe, no danger of ANY accident. And it is safe to ship within the US abiding by all laws.

My version basically follows the same idea as Penn & Tellers B.C., except, instead of a pane of glass breaking, I use a wine glass or bottle.

My question is this: if you were given the opportunity to purchase this illusions, would you? I am currently in development of it and plan to release it mid summer.

Thanks,
Patty
clubber89
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of clubber89
I would definitely buy it, if it was at a decent price!

Thanks

(great idea)
David
Morganite
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Morganite
Yes, if it's a good price.

:)
KSMagic2007
View Profile
Regular user
Missouri
200 Posts

Profile of KSMagic2007
Would depend on the price, and the practicality, like if there was a large set -up time required.
Kyle
PatrickErrins
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of PatrickErrins
Thank you for the responses everyone. I plan on only releasing 50 of them. 25 of each of two different models. Keep it more exclusive to the pro's. As for the price, I haven't even begun to determine that. Anyone care to give me some input on perhaps a reasonable price?

Best,
Patty
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5348 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Patrick, "reasonable price" is entirely up to you.

Frankly if you have a proven routine that is safe and examinable then you can name your price. The real working magicians that could capitalize on your version would buy it. Especially since you plan a very limited edition. The hobbyist that only want to know the secret and then resell it would stay away.

I think that you should figure out what the prop/routine costs you to produce, what the routine would reasonably be worth to a working magician and charge accordingly.

By way of example, I recently bought a mechanical (no electronic parts!) snake basket (to some extent a replica with improvements of a old Hughes prop) for what might be considered a stiff price (over a grand!). Much like the prop/routine you are proposing, the prop was a limited run of 12.

Was it worth it? For me, absolutely! From the first time I saw the outline of the effect/routine I knew that it would fit my persona and style of magic. Upon getting it I managed to developed a signature routine and have gotten plenty of use out of it (to the extent of having to buy some replacement items). It has more than paid for its purchase price.

Look at some of the upscale prop/routine builders (check out Kohler, Malloy and Wolf for good examples) and see the value they offer for the dollar paid. Then set your price accordingly. I strongly believe that working professionals using a prop routine will pay the price for it!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
iwragg
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of iwragg
Hi guys,

I don't often post here but I promised Patrick I would. He was kind enough to send the routine and some of the "magic bullets" to me here in the UK, so I could do a test run in performance for him; oviously he couldn't send me a gun. There is a totally free choice of bullets, letters and shapes to mark the bullets. This can play as quick or as slow as you like. The set up time is very quick, around 2 seconds. No big bulky props, they all fit in a briefcase. unless of course you want to add the kevlar vests. Protective glasses are a must (well dur lol).

So far I have only had chance to perform twice outdoors as laws and firarms here are very strict. The results have been fantastic. A real show stopper.

So if you can perform this without a load of legal hassle then I would recommend it whole heartedly.

Ian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Bullet Catch Outdone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL