The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Color Changing Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jdub
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of jdub
I am looking for the name of a packet trick where a poker hand is removed from a wallet and laid face up. The spectator names one of the five cards. The spectator then turns the cards face down one at a time (turning over the chosen card last) and the back of the chosen card is a different color than the other four cards.
jdub
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of jdub
I have seen this trick performed a few times and it has always worked out to where the thought of card has a different color back than the four other cards. That being said, it's possible that it is a variation of Vernon's 5 card mental force. Any other suggestions as to what it could possibly be?
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1140 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Not wishing to hijack this thread ...
but if you like Poker magic, you must see this

Polish Poker
https://www.alakazam.co.uk/polish-poker-......ker.html
jdub
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of jdub
The trick I was looking for is Legacy. Now that I know what it is, I understand why I was blown away after seeing it performed on three separate occasions with the same result.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2130 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Hi jdub,

Do you have any more info about this trick and where I can find it? It sounds great.

Thanks,

Bob
Tortuga
View Profile
Special user
Ballwin, MO
762 Posts

Profile of Tortuga
jdub
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of jdub
Let me begin by saying that this is an AMAZING trick!!! When performed once, you will not find a stronger card trick(IMHO). That being said, the review that Tortuga posted needs to be watched before purchasing the trick. I saw this trick on three separate occasions and the end result was the same each time. This will NOT always be the case.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2130 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, guys. This was very helpful: Although it still sounds like a great trick, there are *lots* of great tricks, many (I think) in the same spirit as this one (e. g., Trost's 8-card brainwave). So you've helped me save $40. Smile
keilunmagic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of keilunmagic
Bob G, if you watch the trailer you know exactly what you need. Legacy is a great trick, but VInc release is not a good one. The Himber wallet screams fake (definitely not your grandfather's) with a huge VInc logo INSIDE, and the cards are fake old. The photo is printed on cardboard and looks everything except a photo from 1946. Get a Jol himber and check youtube tutorials on how to age a photo, get a deck of Bicycle 1800 or distressed expert back (one red and one blue). That's all you need to make many different tricks (as there are many using the same principle of Legacy). Or make your own, which is even better.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2130 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, keilunmagic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Color Changing Card (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL