The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Expanded Shell Face Doming (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2125 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2020, Stephon Johnson wrote:
To Answer you questions:
* Using Brush is totally good! I almost used it too. LOL
* The Fixed Shell is still fixed. I’ve been carrying it daily and running through my Coins Across and working seamlessly!
* Coverage is unchanged.
* When I bought the Shell set, the coins were various dates. I shopped for matching 1912 Barbers to match the Shell. All of those fit nicely!
THANKS
STEPH

Hi Steph, I want to ask about "Matching Dates". Why is this important? You know I do some coin work, but I could just never understand the matching
date trend. I work most with soft Morgans all with different dates and never had a question from a spectator about the dates on the the coins.
This is a genuine question Smile

-MJJ
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Elite user
Razorback Country
476 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
MJJ:
My Morgan Shell Set is my worker set and do NOT have matching dates, JUST matching patina.
The Barber Shell set that I bought inserts don’t match Patina very good. So if I was buying new insert coins I decided that I’ll make the date AND patina match my shell. So I looked for both, and did.
So, appearance and patina is king. Matching date is just a bonus.

Thanx
Steph
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1453 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I had the same issue with an oxf that I bought from Schoolcraft about 7 or so years ago. I got the gaff in the mail and the shell was domed. I called Schoolcraft and he said he did that on purpose for more coverage. I didn't like it. He was nice and let me send it back for a full refund. However, I have only bought Lassen since that day.
st3v13
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of st3v13
I actually ended up liking it.
It helps make the shell even quieter.
It aesthetically drives me nuts though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Expanded Shell Face Doming (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL