We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Penny for your thoughts Best Spoons for Bending (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aLittleMentalist
View Profile
New user
Skagway, Alaska
46 Posts

Profile of aLittleMentalist
Howdy all! Im hoping for some assistance in finding new spoons for my metal bending routine. What are your favorite resources for acquiring them? I bought a big supply years ago from a restaurant supply company and Ive run out of my stock. Im having difficulty finding replacements as I now live in a small town in Alaska with no restaurant supply shop near where I can test them out. I would really appreciate your recommendations for getting my hands on some new spoons. My apologies if this is in the incorrect section. Thank you in advance for your help!
aLittleMentalist
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1753 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Check our the inexpensive spoons available at places like Walmart and Dollar General Store. Once you discover a spoon you can perform with, and you note the brand and product number, you can order backups in quantity on the internet,

George
aLittleMentalist
View Profile
New user
Skagway, Alaska
46 Posts

I live in Skagway, a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. There is no walmart or dollar store anywhere near me. I will need to order them online once I find more spoons that are acceptable. Good thoughts though. Thanks!
aLittleMentalist
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
I think the best you can do is order them online through amazon or the stores named above
Yekrats
View Profile
Loyal user
Dayton, Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Yekrats
I've been eyeballing this store online and they seem pretty cheap. I have not yet ordered from them, though.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/51001/spoons.html

A case of 12 for under 5 bucks? What's the catch?
--
Corporate or event magic & mentalism: http://WizardoftheWabash.com
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2020, aLittleMentalist wrote:
I live in Skagway, a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. There is no walmart or dollar store anywhere near me. I will need to order them online once I find more spoons that are acceptable. Good thoughts though. Thanks!

Only been to Skagway once, one of the stops on an Alaskan cruise. Gorgeous area! And right (as in literally) next to Canada too, if I remember the train ride correctly. When I went (more than a decade ago), they said 99% of their supplies had to be boated in, so I get the idea that you've got to figure this out first. Unfortunately, I did the whole Wal-Mart, Target, Dollar Store thing, found some that bent easily, then bought a couple boxes. The box I have left (I looked last night) was just a plain box (or I moved them all into the same box maybe?) so I can't tell you for sure. If I can get out to the store this weekend AND I find a good set of cutlery that is easy to bend, I'll get the product numbers for you.
aLittleMentalist
View Profile
New user
Skagway, Alaska
46 Posts

Chris, thank you so much. That is very kind. There is no rush. I have plenty of time to get ready for the summer season. Skagway IS beautiful. Im happy you were able to see it. Let me know if you ever come through again. Ill buy you a drink;-)
aLittleMentalist
aLittleMentalist
View Profile
New user
Skagway, Alaska
46 Posts

Thanks Yekrats! Ill check them out.
aLittleMentalist
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1877 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Hi aLittleMentalist!

I'm originally from Haines!

BTW I buy mine from Sams Club. There may be one in Juneau.

Kerry
aLittleMentalist
View Profile
New user
Skagway, Alaska
46 Posts

Kerry, how neat! Were you born in Haines? I dont get there often but I did perform for the last two Southeast Alaska State Fairs. Its so lovely over there. I did a bunch of scrolling through Amazon and finally found the very spoons I like to use in my show. Now Ill have a go to replacement option. Thank you all for your input!

Andrew
aLittleMentalist
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1877 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I was raised in Haines, was born on a trip to KY. My mom was raised there too.
tiptophat
View Profile
Loyal user
Wesley
264 Posts

Profile of tiptophat
Check with you local restaurant supply house.
Yekrats
View Profile
Loyal user
Dayton, Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Yekrats
Just as a follow-up to this discussion: I tried ordering the "Choice Windsor 5 7/8" 18/0 Stainless Steel Bouillon Spoon - 12/Case" at the Web Restaurant Store: https://www.webstaurantstore.com/choice-......002.html

Here's my review: DO NOT BUY. You bend this little guy a tiny little bit, and then it breaks. It's way too brittle, and seems to have some sort of non-metal core in the middle of it. The only good part is that I only wasted a $1.26 plus shipping. Anyone want some free brittle soup spoons?

I'm still interested as what the rest of the world buys for bending. Can someone point me to a good link?
--
Corporate or event magic & mentalism: http://WizardoftheWabash.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Penny for your thoughts Best Spoons for Bending (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL