The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Catch me and Win by Gene Maze (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Moderncelt
View Profile
Veteran user
Twin Cities MN
310 Posts

Profile of Moderncelt
Has anyone played with this? I've done fast and loose for years, both the SFS version and others, but this is the first one I've seen with three pegs.
vanp8
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of vanp8
I have not, but I started to play with this handling (issue 166 Apocalypse Oct 1991) and (issue 221 May 1996 Apocalyspe) but after someone (I believe it was Pop Haydn) saying more than two choices or performing in the air appearing to complicated to get a Mark I mean spectator to bet on so I abandoned it.

But I did like the suggestion of using a piece of styrofoam and pencils to try to see if it is something you would like.

Also Linking Ring January 1989 caught my interest with Pentacle by James Prince and I thought about combining with a layout on a piece of wood with dowels with a pentagram so that it would turn into a magic or Bizarre presentation instead of gambling scam.

I've always been intrigued with on the barrelhead because of only needing a string or chain to perform.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1041 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
A great routine ...
don't know when this "version" was released, but it is documented in the Supreme Magic publication of 1967.

Published under a different name in "The Art of Close Up Magic" Vol 1 - by Lewis Ganson.
Chapter 4: It's a Gamble
Triple Circle Routine (Fred Lowe)

Also performed on UK TV by the late magician Paul Daniels.

This is the same routine. The chain is laid down onto the table, in 3 loops without pegs.
The spectator then selects any peg with their finger.

This is a win-win situation for the performer.
The outcome is always win or always loose, no matter which of the loops is selected.
A foolproof method.
rodrigez
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of rodrigez
There is also a routine published in one of the older Magic Magazine issues. Somewhere around the years 1995-2000. Couldn't find it in my files but I will keep looking. It was another one of the 3 loops surrounded by a large one, just as in the Lowe routine. I am not sure but it could have been written up by Bob Farmer.
B2, Holo, Lucky Coin and more: www.gedankenkunst.com/Shop.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Catch me and Win by Gene Maze (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL