The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » MonKey by Jeff Prace (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Obviously
Sold out for awhile on Jeff's site. Anyone know if more are to be made?
I also noticed that the color has changed from silver to Gold/Brass on the site. Did these come in both colors?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4132 Posts

Profile of emyers99
He told me more were being made but that was over a month ago and it doesn’t appear they are in stock yet.
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
951 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Hey guys! I just spoke to Jeff and he is working hard on the next batch of gimmicks, and he told me they'll be ready in July! There were some snags along the way, but the keys are manufactured and are going through their final production and assembly steps. I've seen the new brass key and it looks great, it ages like a real key! He's also including a new keychain magnet and matching ungimmicked key for additional routines. Can’t wait to get mine!
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
MasterOfMagics
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of MasterOfMagics
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2020, JustJoshinMagic wrote:
it ages like a real key!

Not sure that's so great in the long run, as the air will mainly be hitting one section, not the other. Hope a color discrepancy doesn't occur after time...
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2772 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I would probably carry around with the other side exposed to keep the same worn looks
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4102 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2020, lunatik wrote:
I would probably carry around with the other side exposed to keep the same worn looks

For like the first week I would probably just hold it in my hands for prolonged periods of time and like you said, get the unexposed part into the exposed position periodically whilst doing that first week of breaking in, just to age it evenly.

That’s kind of the problem with brass keys. To make everything match, you have to age them. LoL.
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of Bande
Is he also making the Penrose pendants or only the monkey(s)? Really want a pendant. Smile
SharkTrager442
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of SharkTrager442
Doesn't seem like Jeff has anything in stock on his website and hasn't for quite a long time. Anyone know if he uses a dealer?
CamilleMagic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of CamilleMagic
It’s back on Jeff site !!
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
I think I would prefer the gold over the silver color. Guess I shoulda waited a few,months!
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2772 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Ordered
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3316 Posts

Profile of warren
Any plans to let UK dealers sell this as the shipping is $36 to the UK which is a bit steep considering the cost of the actual product ?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3910 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
This looks so awesome. I am really glad he put the tutorial right on the website. I was hesitant to buy this, because I don't want to spend $99 on something, put it on my keychain, and have it fall off to be lost forever. After seeing the demo, I see that it will never fall off my keychain. This is unbelievable. My order is in.
KJ
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4662 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Maybe it’s because I only watched this tutorial 2 days ago ( so it could already be the update one ) but even so I cannot see how this could ever fall off your key chain ? The link / penetration is not done through the outer edge of the key buy through the inner self contained sections Gaz 🙂
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3306 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I think I prefer the silver key. I hope he offers it again.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4102 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2020, lunatik wrote:
Ordered

Same. LoL. Now, if I can only figure out where my Dobson key went.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4132 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Got bored and ordered the whole set of tricks. Should have gotten at magifest when they were 3 for $100. Have to say that while the key initially didn’t do much for me, I’m starting to like it. Really impressed that a mechanism like that can be built into a key. Quite amazing actually. Works like a charm and reset takes about 3 seconds.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4102 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I forgot when I ordered, I think on Saturday? Received mine today, this thing is great!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3910 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I received this around a week ago. I have been performing it in person and over iphone and zoom. I really like it. It is extremely powerful over the internet because I can reset it right in front of them (off camera) and repeat. The biggest problem with this live is that it all happens so fast that they ALWAYS want to see it again. I think it is key that you have a followup routine. I really like Jay Sankey's key and string routine, and I keep a couple woven strings on my keychain. I also have a skeleton key with an invisible thread tied to it with magician's wax on the other end. It allows me to do the haunted key routine in their hands. I have them slowly tilt their hand in one direction, but the key doesn't roll down their hand, it rolls up instead.

One of the questions above was about the possibility of it falling off your keychain. No chance of that. It is an intricate mechanism, so I wonder how it would do after years of being banged around on the keychain. I have it on my keychain for now, but I will probably only leave it on for a few weeks and then take it off.

KJ
Gazoo
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Gazoo
Ordering today. I like examinable and mechanical stuff. One must be careful of the beginning of the trick. That's a sleight of hand maneuver, a minor one, but one that I caught on the video. Nevertheless it's a good trick that's why I just dropped $100.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » MonKey by Jeff Prace (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL