The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any Roku users here? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2020, karnak wrote:
I think that the included small strip of double-sided tape is just for securely affixing the Roku unit itself to a handy stable surface. The unit is very small, and so light that the weight of a connected cable can cause it to move or rotate (and you want the Roku's front surface fully facing you, straight on, for when you're aiming the unit's remote control at it).

The instructions that come with the small ROKU state to attach the unit to the TV. The strip of tape is the same size as the surface of the ROKU. My TV is elevated on it's stand so I taped the ROKU to the bottom of the TV and it is secure enough that it cannot move or rotate. My HDMI cable is rather stiff and is fastened in the back of my TV. There is no stress on the cable. Because it is firmly attached to the TV with the front surface facing out. The newer models have a much wider reception capability. I do not have to point the remote at the ROKU. It picks up the signal from anywhere in the room.
Where the magic begins
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Hey George, did you get your problem fixed?
Where the magic begins
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Hi, Dave. I haven't fixed it yet, but I think I narrowed it down to a loose connection of the HDMI cable at the Roku unit. When it conks out, a little jiggling gets it going again. I have a spare cable, but haven't switched them out yet since I also want to secure it to the top of the bookcase or the unit.

Many thanks to you and others who helped me narrow down the problem!

Actually, this reminds me of a problem with my car many years ago, when it would stop running suddenly now and then. Long story short, the garage told me I needed a new starter and then tried to sell me a flywheel. I said no and got the car back. One day it stopped in a parking lot. I opened the hood to look around (I know about as much about cars as I do about brain surgery, but figured I had to look anyway) and found a tiny little connector between two very small cables. The connection was loose, so I popped it back, and the problem went away.

Note to self: next time, look for loose cables.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any Roku users here? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL