The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Coin envelopes (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

453rob
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of 453rob
I want to use a black envelope to hold a prediction. I'm looking into buying in bulk (100-250 envelopes). What is the proper size to use. Is it #3 or #4 envelopes? I would like to make some gaff envelopes, like multiple outs. Can anyone help me out?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Don't limit yourself to black envelopes - consider brightly colored envelopes as well - it doesn't change a thing if you are not using the black to absorb shadows. For sizing, start with the size of the prediction, folded or unfolded, etc. Measure that, then choose the envelope large enough to hold it plus any other gimmicking you have planned. Also, regular size (mailing) envelopes often have windows that allow you to see the prediction paper or card inside. I use air mail envelopes with windows in my "Sealed Envelope Prediction": https://www.magicnook.com/WizJournal/WJ-40ALL.htm see item number 5 for a picture.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
First you need to decide what is going in the envelope. Then the stationary store has choices from Mr. & Mrs to coin and catalog envelopes.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
453rob
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of 453rob
Thanks for the help. I meant to say a prediction poker size card.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
You can always fold the card too. In the right hands, this could add a touch of mystery.
It possibly looks like it took more preparation and could not be "snuck in" the envelope.

I plan to try this out soon w a different back pattern prediction card, folded.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2020, 453rob wrote:
I want to use a black envelope to hold a prediction. I'm looking into buying in bulk (100-250 envelopes). What is the proper size to use. Is it #3 or #4 envelopes? I would like to make some gaff envelopes, like multiple outs. Can anyone help me out?

You might want to make them yourself. You can do a search for digital download templates for envelopes. Typically I get envelope templates that are at least the size of a poker card 2.5 x 3.5 inches.

You can always enlarge the print out by using the scaling option in a print program. Sometimes I scale them by about 107% or so -- that gives room for extra cards if you need to hold more than one card for packet tricks say.

Below is one site I use quite a bit... they have vintage looking envelopes that can be used to add some mystique.

This site frequently has 60% off sales so you can get some great templates for a couple of dollars. All you will need is some paper, scissors, and a glue stick!

I've ordered this set among others:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/203615064/e......rintable
453rob
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of 453rob
Thanks,docguitarman. I will order the template from Etsy. I'll get some parchment computer paper and take it from there. Have you tried to make multiple out envelopes with this template?
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2020, 453rob wrote:
Thanks,docguitarman. I will order the template from Etsy. I'll get some parchment computer paper and take it from there. Have you tried to make multiple out envelopes with this template?

I've considered making a 2-way envelope via the well known method using two envelopes... I've also thought about modifying the digital templates so the 2-way could be made merely by folding but have not done so yet. If you have any ideas on that I would be like to hear them. As I am sure others would too!

Regards,
Phil
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Here's a photo of the envelopes... I enlarged the envelope by 107% so it could hold several cards for packet tricks.

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Coin envelopes (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL