The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » REVIEW: Big Blind Media Presents Adam Cooper’s Darkwave ESP (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

StraightTalkMagicReviews
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of StraightTalkMagicReviews
REVIEW: Big Blind Media Presents Adam Cooper’s Darkwave ESP
RATING: 9 out of 10
LINK TO REVIEW: http://straighttalkmagicreviews.com/?p=1859
PRICE: $30
At Straight Talk Magic Reviews we tell it to you straight and do not sell any product. Visit us for magic product reviews only at www.straighttalkmagicreviews.com or at https://www.facebook.com/groups/StraightTalkMagicReviews/
AdamCooper
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of AdamCooper
Thanks for such a great review!!! I'm so glad you like it!!!
DonB!
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
128 Posts

Profile of DonB!
Received mine today: they are great!
DonB!
Non-stop laughter. Eternal Impact.
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
543 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
In the uk, these are more than double the price of DMC Elites.
Use the FORCE Luke.
Pugwash
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Pugwash
They do seem quite expensive. Are they plastic or waterproof?
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3140 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I thought this wasn't available until the 16th?
AdamCooper
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of AdamCooper
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2020, rowdymagi5 wrote:
I thought this wasn't available until the 16th?

They are currently on pre sale but are officially released on the 16th Smile
AdamCooper
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of AdamCooper
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2020, Papa Legba wrote:

Hi Papa,

Looking onlin the DMC Elites are around about £20 a deck on average, Darkwave ESP is on presale for about £28 so it's not quite as bad as double but I understand you want to know what you're paying for.

Each deck contains 2 sets of 15 cards, one in black and one in red. Each set contains 3 of each of the standard Zenner symbols (Circle, Cross, Wavey Lines, Square and Star). Plus 15 unique images and words which allow you to carry out “advanced testing”. This allows you to perform a book test and to pick up on your spectators’ thoughts about the advanced image. Additionally each pack contains 1 double backers, 4 double facers and one blank faced card which will allow you to get the most out of your deck.

Now the most interesting part, the method. Each card is marked in such a way as to allow you to obtain the required information about any card that has been selected. So what I hear you cry, most ESP decks are marked. The back design of these cards have been kept as minimal as possible to allow you to read them as quickly as possible. For that reason, only the symbol and colour are marked. The Darkwave system allows you to learn which image and word is on a selected card in real time as if you were actually reading your spectators mind. Best of all, the entire thing requires no memory work! As there is a crib provided which can be used in full view of your audience.
As long as you have a basic grasp of ESP cards, you will be able to use this system almost instantly.

Each deck comes with a booklet which outlines the basic handling and use of the deck and a link will give you access to an in-depth video tutorial on the use of the deck and routines to get you started.

The amount of work that has gone into this, along with the unique method is the reason for the cost. These cards are ment as a multifunctional mentalism tool.
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
543 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2020, AdamCooper wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2020, Papa Legba wrote:

Hi Papa,

Looking onlin the DMC Elites are around about £20 a deck on average, Darkwave ESP is on presale for about £28 so it's not quite as bad as double but I understand you want to know what you're paying for.

Each deck contains 2 sets of 15 cards, one in black and one in red. Each set contains 3 of each of the standard Zenner symbols (Circle, Cross, Wavey Lines, Square and Star). Plus 15 unique images and words which allow you to carry out “advanced testing”. This allows you to perform a book test and to pick up on your spectators’ thoughts about the advanced image. Additionally each pack contains 1 double backers, 4 double facers and one blank faced card which will allow you to get the most out of your deck.

Now the most interesting part, the method. Each card is marked in such a way as to allow you to obtain the required information about any card that has been selected. So what I hear you cry, most ESP decks are marked. The back design of these cards have been kept as minimal as possible to allow you to read them as quickly as possible. For that reason, only the symbol and colour are marked. The Darkwave system allows you to learn which image and word is on a selected card in real time as if you were actually reading your spectators mind. Best of all, the entire thing requires no memory work! As there is a crib provided which can be used in full view of your audience.
As long as you have a basic grasp of ESP cards, you will be able to use this system almost instantly.

Each deck comes with a booklet which outlines the basic handling and use of the deck and a link will give you access to an in-depth video tutorial on the use of the deck and routines to get you started.

The amount of work that has gone into this, along with the unique method is the reason for the cost. These cards are ment as a multifunctional mentalism tool.

Adam,
many thanks for the very useful description of Darkwave.
Alakazam are selling DMCs for £17.99 and, as you say, Darkwave is available for £28 so I apologise for my inaccurate gripe. I could have sworn someone was selling them for £39 though.
Use the FORCE Luke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » REVIEW: Big Blind Media Presents Adam Cooper’s Darkwave ESP (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL