The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Melty - Jordan Victoria (JVSE Collection) (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JordanVictoria
View Profile
Veteran user
France
370 Posts

Profile of JordanVictoria
Hello,

I'm very proud to share with you MELTY which is my version of the classic Sharpie through card effect. Firstly made for my own use, I've decided to use this effect as the first release for my "Jordan Victoria Signature Effect" collection (one product per month in 2020 for a total of 12 products).

Each gimmick is made with precision and seems to be "laser cut". I also provide a mini BIC lighter with all order of MELTY !

If you want to get more informations about the JVSE collection, a special page was made for it on the website.

Watch the uncut performance here : https://pctcproduction.com/products/melty-jordan-victoria

Jordan
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very impressive Jordan.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Pretty
JordanVictoria
View Profile
Veteran user
France
370 Posts

Pegasus, Emyers99, thanks a lot! 🙏🏻
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Looks very good! Will get it very soon!
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
CMR
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of CMR
Using a lighter is a good idea. Looks great!
JordanVictoria
View Profile
Veteran user
France
370 Posts

Thanks you CMR !

Here is the reason why I've made this gimmick many years ago for my own use. I love visual effects and the classic Sharpie or cigaret through card is something with a strong impact on your audience.

But - in my case - I had difficulties to justify the fact that a normal Sharpie penetrates a playing card. Here with a lighter, you have the ability to tell a story. You can say that by heating the card, with time, you know exactly when you're at the perfect melting point and now for me it is justified to have an object penetrates an other (but I totally understand if people prefers to use the sharpie).

Of course, lighter is a common object we all have on us on gigs because we use them for effects, light up so flash paper, etc... So it is not something to "add" to your pocket as you probably already have one!

For everyone who bought it, first of all thanks you very much! Secondly, you've probably received the tracking number by e-mail yesterday so if you didn't please send me an e-mail!

For others, if you're interested and have questions, please just ask!

Jordan
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Any way you could make a Zippo lighter version? no need to include a Zippo with the card btw
JordanVictoria
View Profile
Veteran user
France
370 Posts

Ahah! Everything is possible! If you really interested, this could be done!
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Jordan that is such a good idea. Will this be at Blackpool!?

Really good.

Joel.
CMR
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of CMR
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2020, JordanVictoria wrote:

But - in my case - I had difficulties to justify the fact that a normal Sharpie penetrates a playing card. Here with a lighter, you have the ability to tell a story. You can say that by heating the card, with time, you know exactly when you're at the perfect melting point and now for me it is justified to have an object penetrates an other (but I totally understand if people prefers to use the sharpie).

This is exactly what I thought when I first saw the trailer. A story that makes sense and leads on to the effect. Well done!
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
I agree! Will receive this very soon and will post a video about it.
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2020, JordanVictoria wrote:
Ahah! Everything is possible! If you really interested, this could be done!

that would be awesome Jordan!, just tell me how to order it, thx!
JordanVictoria
View Profile
Veteran user
France
370 Posts

JoelDickinson, thanks a lot for your message, means a lot to me! Melty is only available on my website as a limited edition as I want this collection to be "private" and don't want to release hundreds and hundreds of units... But I'll have one gimmick on me so if you want to see it it will be a pleasure for me to perform it for you! Smile

CMR, exactly! I can't understand people who prefers to continue using the Sharpie for this effect but in my case, I prefer to use the lighter for the story!

Ceierry, thanks a lot!!

Catweazle, sure, I send you a PM right now! Smile

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks guys, means a lot to me to see that your like Melty!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Is there a tutorial? I didn’t see a link or anything on the envelope. That being said the gaff is extremely well made!
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
I’ve been using Melty during my recent gigs and I got very good reactions!

I filmed a clip on Instagram as well If you want to look at it :

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8cCsHJolL1/......gbxkjghl
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Agreed the gaff is very well made, sent in a very nice gold stamped pearlised envelope.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2020, Ceierry wrote:

I must say I think the card looks great on the video anyway. Does it look just as good live? The gimmicked area looks very deceptive and is unnoticeable (in the video anyway).

Thanks,
RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2020, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2020, Ceierry wrote:

I must say I think the card looks great on the video anyway. Does it look just as good live? The gimmicked area looks very deceptive and is unnoticeable (in the video anyway).

Thanks,
RNK

I performed with people looking upside down, because of angles and I was surrounded.

It is very invisible yes and people aren’t expecting a lighter passing trhough the card so it help
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I'd be interested in this but can you tell me what the cost in u.s. dollars would be including shipping and handling? Thank you very much this does look great.

Good magic to all,
Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Melty - Jordan Victoria (JVSE Collection) (14 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL