The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Card to Bill or Card to Credit Card change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lichtagent
View Profile
New user
Bochum - Germany - Old World
10 Posts

Profile of Lichtagent
Dear Fellow-Magicians,

does anyone of you know a really great card to bill or card to credit card change?

The charming idea behind this is a little bit of every day magic - if you ask in a restaurant if paying by card is accepted and the presented 7 of diamonds is declined than a switch could come in handy ;-)

Although my magic library is quite extensive I can't remember to have stumbled over such a change. The main problem is the difference in size (playing card/bill/credit card) and the stiffness of the material.
Due to angle reasons I already eliminated the classic snap change from my list - yes it works reasonable well to change the card into a credit card, but will be a major tell for all watching from the sides.

But perhaps you already remember some great piece of magic published somewhere else to achieve the effect I'm searching for.

Kind Regards from Germany

Chris
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22169 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Ever heard of Mike Bornstein, his booklet has a playing card to bill effect in it you make. I just happen to glean through it last night, and ran across this cards to bill handling. Copyright 1979.

This method is also used for card manipulation to a fan of bills production.

I have never read of a use like you described. Although you would have to trim the bills down, as Mike says.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1570 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I use this bill to cc often.
Great at the cash register.
I made up 2 extra with expired Visa and MasterCard.
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13636
Ihor
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Sunny Orlando
904 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2020, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Ever heard of Mike Bornstein, his booklet has a playing card to bill effect in it you make. I just happen to glean through it last night, and ran across this cards to bill handling. Copyright 1979.

This method is also used for card manipulation to a fan of bills production.

I have never read of a use like you described. Although you would have to trim the bills down, as Mike says.

Mike's work was revolutionary. I can't agree with Bill enough.
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Card to Bill or Card to Credit Card change (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL