The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Mark Jenest: Miracles While You Wait (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
After including two effects from this video in a real-world performance this weekend, I'll recommend this to anyone looking for street style/single performance material. (much of the material is not as adaptable for table hopping)

You can justify the cost of this video in two effects: "Billoon" and "Chaptrick". For "Billoon", think "Bill In Lemon" without having to carry around the lemons. While Chaptrick might seem "thin" to magicians, I can tell you that I had laymen asking to see it repeatedly this weekend. Also included is "Classic Farce": a signed card back changes color, then the entire deck changes and in a clean ending, everything is examinable!

If you purchase the video, strongly consider an alternate method to Mark's "bill to the wallet" handling for "Billoon". I was fortunate enough to get Harry Murphy's input who recommended using a TT and pay envelope combination. (which I used this weekend - thanks Harry!) Or if conditions don't allow burning the envelope, Harry also suggested the "bill sewn into a handkerchief" technique for the bill vanish.

While I'm not a fan of Mark's No. 2 pencil (included here) this video is now part of my permanent collect.

In checking, this title is now also available in DVD.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I also liked the Classic Farce. Mark is a real creative and talented fellow!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Ron, I’m glad that the Jenest stuff worked for you! I think that “Billoon” is a strong alternative to the bill in lemon (no fuss, no mess, a nice loud noise when the balloon bursts, and is magical!).

Chapstick does play very well! Talk about an easy card to impossible location.

Have you tried his no-gimmick hopping halves (Short Hop)? It is good for table-hopping. I also like (and use) his “Jiggernaught” routine.

I agree with you that this tape (now DVD) is well worth the money ($20.00 tape, $29.00 DVD) and contains some good, workable stuff.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
toberman
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of toberman
I have to agree that this is well worth your money. This was a very under rated video when it was released.
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Another "thumbs up" for miracles while you wait.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I personnally love this DVD. "Billoon" is awesome. ALong with Chaptrick and Jiggernaut. I do have a sleight problem. with the bill in wallet though. still have not come up with a better alternative.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I comapare these dvd's with the chevrie dvd';s....

I really like the jenest stuff and wish there was more...WORKERS! just like the chevrie videos
koz
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
297 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Without a doubt the MOST magic I've ever recieved for $20.00 !!!!!!!!
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
I'll second what everyone is saying! This is a great video. I combine the mercury card fold with billoon and do a signed card to balloon effect. That's a brilliant piece of magic.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
A very underated video ( now on DVD ). He has a great deck switch on it and an Out to Lunch type of trick.
~Joe
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Yes, I love Mark Jenest's Mirales While You Wait too. It's one of the best dvds I've purchased. Initially I only wanted to learn Jiggeraut (which in my opinion is worth the price of dvd), but then I also discover the wealth of magic from this single dvd alone. Billon is just a simple, nail-them-between-the-eyes kind of powerful trick. I also like Short Hop a lot. Overall, it's two thumbs up for this delightful dvd by Mark Jenest. By the way, does anyone know if he is doing any TV show these days? Or is he performing at the Magic Castle? I'm planning on a vacation to Las Vegas and I sure hope to be able to see Mark on stage performing... He has a great personality that is fun and captivating. Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Dirko
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
287 Posts

Profile of Dirko
A great dvd. One of the best I have purchased. As someone stated earlier there are a lot of workers in here! This is a great buy!
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2005-04-02 19:40, tedb wrote:
I comapare these dvd's with the chevrie dvd';s....

I really like the jenest stuff and wish there was more...WORKERS! just like the chevrie videos
koz

Are you talking about the Lonnie Chevrie videos? The ones YOU produced?

Geez, Ted, you're not trying to hijack a thread here, are ya?

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
465 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
I have to agree also with everyone here about this video. I have been useing most of this stuff tablehopping.I also bought it for the jiggernot effect and found a whole bunch of usable stuff on it.All though I don't use the billoon because I am in a restaraunt I do use the #2 pencil,shorthop,chapstick,jiggernot and classsic farse.This is a lot of magic for 1 video.
Shawn D
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Yes I am!
:)
but that what they remond me of....really!
strong stuff...mthe jenest video is one of my very favorites....truthfully

koz
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
Just got Miracles While You Wait last week and practiced Short Hop enough to get comfortable enough to perform it for a real tough audience (the magi's wife) when she said 'NO WAY! Do it again!' I knew I had a winner on my hands (er.. in my hands?!?) I keep it with me all the time in that little extra pocket that are in blue jeans for, you know, an impromptu performance <grin>. I cannot recommend Short Hop enough, easy to learn, easy to perform and just kills!! And its just ONE of the effects on Mr Jenest DVD. I am getting pretty good mileage out of Billoon and Classic Farce as well as a few good groans (can groans be good?!?) with demotivation. I cant believe I waited so long to purchase this AWESOME DVD!
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Solid pro material...recommened highly....
top notch!

koz
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I took the idea of # 2 pencil and applied it to restaraunt straws. The ones in the white wrapping paper. Anyways, I'd already have one end pre-written with their name or mine, in black sharpie, then when I go to my spectator, I just write mine or their name on the other end after I "show" it completely blank. And to finish it off, I pull on both ends of the straw wrapper to split it in the center and give it all out for examination. It is a mind blower to see a name hopping and popping all around the straw!
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
For me, the highlight of the video is Billoon, the ambitious card routine, and the ungimmicked hopping halves...
And also that Mark performs to lay people in the street. It's always nice to see lay people's real reactions
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
Anyone come up with a clever patter for 'Short Hop'? Sometimes when I preform the trick its not till the 2nd reveal that they realize the coins re-appeared during the first reveal. (Hmmm sounds confusing but those performing it know what I mean, I mean I hope, err....any help here?!?!)
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Mark Jenest: Miracles While You Wait (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL