The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mark Mason's BlackPool Release- "The No-choice Wallet" (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I am not sure you seem to know how this one works Martin , regards Gaz 🙂
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
The card is never taken out of sight in this effect Martin . The card goes in the visible clear pocket you turn it over to the show the note underneath and give them everything🙂

The card goes out of sight when you turn the wallet over, no?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Well yeah but it’s not ever out of sight you just turn it over and hand it to them showing them the note . Nothing goes out of sight in the way that you implied . Nothing goes in your pocket either from their perspective and in fact mine goes on a magnet on the outside of my back pocket . It’s very clean imho , but your mileage obviously varies and that’s fair enough too . Best wishes Gaz 🙂
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Well yeah but it’s not ever out of sight you just turn it over and hand it to them showing them the note . Nothing goes out of sight in the way that you implied . Nothing goes in your pocket either from their perspective🙂

I didn't say anything goes into your pocket. And whichever way you cut it, the card does go out of sight. Maybe that will fly as a mental magic effect for some audiences but it's very poor as a mentalism effect, in my opinion, which is the direction I'm looking at it from. If you're going to predict a card chosen by a spectator I would recommend using a method where you don't take the card from them and put it into a wallet only to take it out again a few seconds later. But everyone has different tastes and I hope you continue to entertain with this. It would be a dull world if we all felt the same about everything.

Regards, Martin
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree Martin and as I don’t use it as a mentalism effect it works well for me . I basically do magic and sometimes a touch of mental magic . Very best wishes Gaz 🙂
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3511 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Some interesting viewponts on both sides.
To use this the way it is presented in the demo, yes, it is a cool trick.
One thing that has been overlooked is it is a gimmick... the demo is just one aspect of its' use.
I see it as a tool that presents itself for use in a mental epic style trick. The predictions are all written on the money.
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
If you re-watch Mr. Mason's routine, spec.'s eyes, once they know there is $$$ involved, they are (ALL) looking down!
Then, the 'WOWS' are heard. Wonderful performance. Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8GEBwG11RQ
wanderwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of wanderwizard
I am only a long time hobbyist but this is a great effect for sure,with lockdown have only performed it to family and friends but it goes down really well especially the fact you can change the force 52 times.The reaction I have been getting has been fantastic, family are the worst critics of your magic so if they like it you're onto a winner
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Got an email from MJM that they are having a sale on this. 40% off!

https://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-31444
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2021, Magic KL wrote:
Got an email from MJM that they are having a sale on this. 40% off!

https://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-31444

Good deal on a great prop.
No wonder it sold out so quickly.
Curious how many they were selling at that price.
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Two weeks ago TripOnMagic had it at 50% off (which I took advantage of).
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Hocus Pocus has it on sale today. 50% off!
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2020, Martin Pulman wrote:

I didn't say anything goes into your pocket.

Really? Well then who wrote this?

Quote:

So if I ask you to slide out a card, sight unseen, then I put it in my pocket only to bring it out a few seconds later to prove that it matches my prediction which I take out of my other pocket, you think that is of no consequence?

Ref: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......t=160#18
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Martin Pulman did, I pulled him immediately on it at the the time but he forgets what he does say half the time and then he tries to back track lol Gaz 😊
kcbeave
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of kcbeave
If a new tick is already 40 to 50% off, just how good can it be?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It’s not a new trick I bought it 14 months ago.
It’s very good one too Gaz 😊
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Just received my wallet.

Can anyone provide me the technique to work the wallet "in" so it is not so stiff. I suppose its just cramming stuff in pulling it out, stuff it in, pull it out.... repeat until adequate (i.e. until a poker card can slip in and out easily)?

My non gloss business cards are also not easy to slip out for the billet methods -- I suppose I need to buy glossies!!!

Regards,
Phil
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I just force loads of playing cards in all the pockets and leave for 24 hours. Then it’s as smooth as silk Gaz 😊
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On May 13, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I just force loads of playing cards in all the pockets and leave for 24 hours. Then it’s as smooth as silk Gaz 😊

Thanks Gaz,
I've crammed 6 cards into each pocket!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
That will do the trick perfect for you Phil, best wishes
Gaz 😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mark Mason's BlackPool Release- "The No-choice Wallet" (64 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL