The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A mostly impromptu/propless set-list (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
First thanks Silversleights04 for this great post!

Second I havent read Reality is Plastic but you could say to your audience that you will whisper the suggestions JUST to the partcipant that is part of the hypnosis cause if not everyone will be hypnotized.

I hope that idea helps you.

Cheers,
Cristóbal
ipe
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of ipe
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2020, Silversleights04 wrote:
Excellent insights and additions ipe! I'm really curious about your pendulum work. I've never really used them, solely because I don't really want to be associated with mediums and psychics (no offense to any Smile). Did you have any hesitations when starting to use the pendulum? Particularly with introducing them?

I don't present pendulum effect as medium/psychic phenomena, but as a wonderful way to communicate with our subconscious mind. The majority of people in my area immediately associate pendulum with mediums and psychics (i.e. to determine the sex of a future baby or to locate some object/people on a maps), but I explain them this is just a tool to effectively speak with our subconscious mind and I can show that. When the subject does the calibration exercises I ask them to not control the pendulum but also to not consciously stop it: they have to forget their hand focusing only on the pendulum. When the pendulum starts to swing that movement is (for who doesn't believe in medium phenomena) by definition caused by their subconscious because they are not moving it consciously.

If you want to remains strictly on the psychological plot, you may want to avoid performing the optional continuation 2. But you may want to do the optional continuation 3, showing that indeed there is nothing special about the pendulum in itself and you can use other part of the body to communicate with the subconscious.

Quote:
I really enjoyed your thoughts on TH, I may try a presentation with Cake or Pie based on yours, if that's alright with you!

Sure, you don't need to ask, it is just a way among the many to use TH.

Quote:
I'm not especially familiar with the Bob Burns or Anthony Jacquin, I'll have to look into them. Hypnosis is one that I've shied away from, mostly because I think I don't want to give my character that kind of power for influence. I usually explain my kind of influence as something more subtle, subliminal, and covert; it's not a TV commercial, it's a radio jingle that gets in your head and gets louder until you're humming along to my tune. Most stage hypnosis I've seen is very overt. It's process-driven, something people can watch happening, they can see the induction take place and hear the suggestion being given. That never felt like a good fit for my style.

Your presentational philosophy is of course legitimate. But of course you can choose to do both: some effects are about subliminal influence and other about explicit influence, as you can do a PK effect and then a mind reading effect. Your choice.

Quote:
On Feb 13, 2020, Silversleights04 wrote:Does Reality is Plastic have any good material for that kind of hypnosis?

I guess so, but I'm not a good candidate to give advice on hypnosis. Smile
What would a real mindreader do?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A mostly impromptu/propless set-list (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL