The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Moves that will probably be in forte's new book (video) (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15815 Posts

Profile of tommy
Cag is one who knows the cashier's cage.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Cliff Rusnick
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of Cliff Rusnick
Ok Tommy, whatever it's fine, let's move on. I didn't claim it was new or that I invented it, and you didn't say that I made those claims apparently so we're all good then.

To get back on topic...I realise stripping is the most straight forward way of moving cards from the top to the bottom, but to me, stripping the deck down to the last four cards, or just any slugs smaller than 10 cards looks peculiar.

When you shuffle and cut normally, do you end the sequence with cutting the deck at the 4th card from the top? ...I would be sus if you did. When the deck is passed for the cut, have you ever seen anyone cut 4 cards off the top? I'd be sus if they did.

Either way, for me, cutting or stripping slugs that are less than 10 cards looks amateur. I try to avoid that at all costs.

With this move, you have precise control of how many cards you're moving around with much more accuracy than just hoping you're stripping the last 4 cards.
Also, with the more complex version, you can let go of the deck after the last shuffle and cleanly square it before doing the last 3 cuts.

Anyway, I didn't get to buy a copy of the book since I am poor. So maybe once the books start arriving, someone can let me know if this is in it haha.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15815 Posts

Profile of tommy
I only hope Forte does not reveal the Glenn Bishop way, which is a well-guarded secret.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Kimura
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Kimura
Incidentally, lots of top to bottom stuff on instagram. so even if you havent excited the green forum semantics peeps, you've become an influencer of some kind
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2428 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2020, Cliff Rusnick wrote:

To get back on topic...I realize stripping is the most straight forward way of moving cards from the top to the bottom, but to me, stripping the deck down to the last four cards, or just any slugs smaller than 10 cards looks peculiar.

You are correct. There are a couple of ways that are very simple to get around that. Think about it.

Quote:
When the deck is passed for the cut, have you ever seen anyone cut 4 cards off the top? I'd be sus if they did.

Evidently you don't play cards. There is a minimum number of cards you must cut for the cut to be legitimate in any decent game.

The main hint I can give you is you are working too hard to accomplish what you are doing, it looks like effort is being expended on what should look like a simple shuffling and cutting of the deck. Might want to keep that in mind.

"Art is in the concealment of art."

Quote:
Anyway, I didn't get to buy a copy of the book since I am poor. So maybe once the books start arriving, someone can let me know if this is in it haha.

I'm sure tommy will get to you as quickly as he can on this, although there may be a slight delay in his doing so. The book evidently is being sent to England by tramp steamer and then by horse drawn cart to tommy's small cabin in Stonehenge. Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15815 Posts

Profile of tommy
There are more ways of cutting than one, according to Scarne;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeK-hD_g7eM

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Moves that will probably be in forte's new book (video) (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL