The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real card to box - Wayne Fox (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1837 Posts

Profile of Daren
I really like this! I purchased it a couple of days ago and have been playing with it since, the load is very well covered under misdirection, think about doing this with red hot mamma routine, as the spectator goes for the blue card you have ample time to do what you need to do, the load time is about half a second! I love it and once again magicians over thinking routines etc, go out and work it
funnymagic
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of funnymagic
Let me know when you sell it Daren
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3484 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2020, Doric wrote:
Ok,get it.

Anyone want to talk about the actual effect?

Yes it’s absolute rubbish I saw it at Blackpool he literally blatantly puts it in as he picks it up . The worst card to impossible location I have ever ever seen Gaz 🙂
Doric
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Doric
It was the audible click of the box when loaded that put me off. Had high hopes for this one too.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3484 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I always find world magic shop stuff way way overhyped and way way over rated .
Most of it is pants imo .
That said I highly rate Wayne Fox as both a magician and a performer and David Penn as a magician Gaz 🙂
magical magic
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of magical magic
The beauty of the Kennedy Mystery Box and similar effects is the psychology at play when the audience see the card and convince themselves that it is theirs. It's so devious and brilliant. To strip this element and replace it by just sticking the card in the box is just stupid. An inferior method with the added hinderance of needing to ribbon spread the cards as misdirection.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3484 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Totally agree with the last post , a problem is trying to be addressed that doesn’t exist in the eyes of a layman .
As a result they are taking away one of the core ingredients which made it so strong imo Gaz 🙂
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1797 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I always find world magic shop stuff way way overhyped and way way over rated .
Most of it is pants imo .
That said I highly rate Wayne Fox as both a magician and a performer and David Penn as a magician Gaz 🙂

LOL
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1797 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I had so much trouble receiving something I ordered directly from him, it's put me off from ever ordering anything he's created ever again...
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
There's really no excuse for the trouble people have ordering from him. I ordered a set of old lecture notes from him years ago and even that took about 2 weeks to come.

If he can set aside an hour each week to film the Wizard Product Review, he can surely put a few items in a package and hit the local post office.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4756 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2020, Chamberlain wrote:
There's really no excuse for the trouble people have ordering from him. I ordered a set of old lecture notes from him years ago and even that took about 2 weeks to come.

If he can set aside an hour each week to film the Wizard Product Review, he can surely put a few items in a package and hit the local post office.

At least you got what you paid for! Wayne just stole my money. What's even more disturbing is that I am sure he knows his name is being spewed on here at the café but just doesn't care and just stays silent. Makes him even more of a scumbag IMO.
Doric
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Doric
I didn't realise you'd been ripped off RNK. Remind us again what you think about Wayne as I don't think your six posts on this thread have landed the point.

In the meantime, with respect, can we have a discussion about the product.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4756 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2020, Doric wrote:
I didn't realise you'd been ripped off RNK. Remind us again what you think about Wayne as I don't think your six posts on this thread have landed the point.

In the meantime, with respect, can we have a discussion about the product.

When someone STEALS your money, I will keep reminding others here since a lot of people don't bother to read every post in a thread. Don't like it? Don't read my post.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
192 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Character/Reputation matters. The quality/usage of a product is a moot point if delivery cannot be guaranteed....
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Exactly, look at all the threads about full52 ripping off customers. They all get removed and next thing you know another thread pops up about someone not getting their order.

Character and reputation is always worth mentioning if selling a product.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
948 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Just received this in the post - I didn't go to Blackpool... In fact, I've never been! Hey ho!!! Anyway, here's a quick review....

Packaging

Basic thin black folded cardboard box with foam insert to prevent the Real Box from moving about. Vimeo address and password on the front for the instructional video.

The Box

Very nice. Well made and fully examinable. The box is certainly pretty - I like the etched lid, brass hinges and the "striped" joints. It has also been treated with a light oil to avoid it drying out. On the bottom of the box is also a card reveal. There has clearly been a lot of effort in the construction of the box to facilitate the loading mechanism too.

The Instructions

The video is 40 minutes in duration and doesn't have chapters or quick links to jump to different sections of the video, which I think would have been useful.

First 11 mins is an intro about why Wayne developed the Box, a look at the construction of it and how to look after it etc.

Next 4 mins covers the MCF and positioning of the folded card for the load - plenty of close up camera work here. The fold is performed several times, nice and slowly so should be easy to follow.

Next 5 minutes covers the loading of the box - the close up shots are great, but the fixed front on shots sometimes have the box going out of the field of view.... But the close up shots do clearly show the loading.

The remaining 20 minutes covers Wayne's routine which is shown on the demo - this is fab, and Wayne uses lovely natural movements which help to hide the load and uses time misdirection to further strengthen the effect. He also talks about the use of the card prediction on the base of the box and how this can also be used during the loading. I would imagine this would be a nice way to use the box in mix and mingle situations where the box is on the spectator's hand rather than on a table.

So the verdict....

The product has clearly been developed for use in the real world by a working magician. There are other card to boxes that have been released such as Mystery Solved, Paragon, Toi Box, the Kennedy Box and of course the box that inspired Wayne which was developed by Tommy Wonder. These allow the card to be shown at the beginning of the routine, and then the card is tipped out later by the magician. Many of these boxes could not be examined thereafter by the spectator, or a gimmick may need to be disposed of.

The Real Box is clean in terms of it can be examined by the spectator, and they removed the card from the box.

The other boxes allow for the card to be seen beforehand, and are arguably easier to perform.

So they all have their pros and cons. The Real Box will certainly get great reactions, but will require more work than others (with the exception of Box98!) to get as smooth as Wayne.

Hope this helps.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Doric
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Doric
Great review. Thank you. 👍
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2020, Doric wrote:

Really? I found it to be a very neutral review "Box is well made, Wayne shows his routine, it will take some practice".

The question is, is it better than most card to boxes on the market? and will pros switch over to use it instead?
Doric
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Doric
Buy one then and give us your review.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
948 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2020, Chamberlain wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2020, Doric wrote:

Really? I found it to be a very neutral review "Box is well made, Wayne shows his routine, it will take some practice".

The question is, is it better than most card to boxes on the market? and will pros switch over to use it instead?

I've tried to be factual rather than opinionated. However, here goes my opinion!

As a full time working pro, I see the appeal of the box for me - it's very strong as the spectator removes the card themselves and the time misdirection is excellent too, so the moment of magic happens a long time after the dirty stuff has happened. It's also instantly reset, and the angles are good.

So for a table presentation, I will certainly use this. For mix and mingle, due to the loading method, I think I will use a different box (my fav would be the black Paragon box).

I haven't tried this out yet for punters as I've only just got it, and want to practice the load sequence a lot more. I'll feedback once I've done this.

Is it better than other card boxes? Well there's no right or wrong answer here is there? It depends on you. Many people on this thread have already stated that to them the other boxes are better for them as the card is seen beforehand etc, which is their opinion and that's fine.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real card to box - Wayne Fox (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL