The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » LAZY MAN'S CARD TRICK (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Racherbaumer is about to release a book on this theme through LYBRARY.COM so look for it if this interests you...it's a collection of variations...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Does he credit it to Al Koran or to Harry Lorayne? Smile
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, padre rich wrote:
Racherbaumer is about to release a book on this theme through LYBRARY.COM so look for it if this interests you...it's a collection of variations...

No thanks.
I'd consider it if it was a real book.
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Just released LAZING ebooks are the future...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Of course he credits.it's a given...
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Perhaps you two fellas are new to magic.ENDERSGAME:racherbaumer has been around since jesus was in the third grade and is best known for compiling material to present an extensive overview of the subject.he saves faithful readers countless hours of research.if you look up the ebook now available on LYBRARY.COM (LAZING) you'll notice thorough crediting...MAGICFISH:today a paper book can't be published for $15.you would know this if you were to attempt to introduce a work of your own into the magic,or any other, community...time marches on.electronic publishing is especially advantageous for magic,as our works are,essentially,cookbooks.combine the listed items and you get the required dish.once you have mastered the trick you seldom return to the recipe book.hardcover books have become a drug on the magic market.many are trying,unsuccessfully, to dump their libraries(see ebay).some magic books have become like record albums were:three good songs and a lot of filler...embrace the shift.give ebooks a chance...or be left behind...
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Could you explain the significance of your hypothetical $15 benchmark?
Thanks.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
"once you have mastered the trick you seldom return to the recipe book."
Incorrect. I have been returning to mine daily for decades.
I believe Vernon returned to Erdnase until his mid nineties.
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
The ebook LAZING sells for $15 at lybrary.com.....well,if you're gonna cite the likes Vernon,yes,students return all their lives.too bad a lotta other books are not so well crafted.there are exceptions and he certainly set the standard.i treasure the time spent with him.he kept all his marbles and had a keen eye for phonies.he knew the score...
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
P.S. here's something he taught me in the late '70's https://www.lybrary.com/ click on the INFERNO cover to view vid demo...
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Thanks Padre. I appreciate your response. I still don't see why it matters that one cannot publish a physical book for 15 dollars.
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
It's become a vanity press.the author bears all the labor and costs,which are substantial.many never get back their investment,no matter how expensive the book is..when bill spooner and his partners published the book on Del Ray(about $80),they sold out the first printing at a loss.not until a ways into the second printing did they begin to recover their costs and show a profit.split between the three partners it couldn't be anywhere near repaying their efforts.it was a labor of love.their subject insured big sales.few subjects are as popular...johnny thompson's book will sell gazillions while other works sell far fewer and never see a profit.many books don't stand the test of time.try reading the paul Harris Art of Astonishment series.a lot of fiddly things for amateurs,many unpractical today...jon can bring the info w/an ebook in the price range of the average student.don't kid yourself.times are hard for many,especially young people.spending on magic books,buying pricy DVDs,getting burned, turns them off.i agree,books are the best buy but as a culture we're moving away from the printed page,students prefer to learn from a video,reading instructions befuddles them.racherbaumer/tilley are pioneering the technique of publishing material that is reduced in content focusing on a single subject and it's affordable.obviously these guys aren't trying to make a killing.rather,they're reintroducing magicians to obscure/forgotten effects...
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2020, padre rich wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2020, EndersGame wrote:
Does he credit it to Al Koran or to Harry Lorayne? Smile

Of course he credits. it's a given...

I'm sure he does. I wasn't asking WHETHER he credits, but to WHO he credits it.

My comment was a wry tongue-in-cheek reference (hence the smiley-face) to the fact that Mr Lorayne has been known to be quite vocal about this point, particularly what parts of the routine are "his" and what parts of it are Koran's. I gather there has been quite some dispute about this. See for example Harry's many posts here:

https://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopi......&start=3

https://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopi......start=56

And in many other places.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2020, padre rich wrote:
It's become a vanity press.the author bears all the labor and costs,which are substantial.many never get back their investment,no matter how expensive the book is..when bill spooner and his partners published the book on Del Ray(about $80),they sold out the first printing at a loss.not until a ways into the second printing did they begin to recover their costs and show a profit.split between the three partners it couldn't be anywhere near repaying their efforts.it was a labor of love.their subject insured big sales.few subjects are as popular...johnny thompson's book will sell gazillions while other works sell far fewer and never see a profit.many books don't stand the test of time.try reading the paul Harris Art of Astonishment series.a lot of fiddly things for amateurs,many unpractical today...jon can bring the info w/an ebook in the price range of the average student.don't kid yourself.times are hard for many,especially young people.spending on magic books,buying pricy DVDs,getting burned, turns them off.i agree,books are the best buy but as a culture we're moving away from the printed page,students prefer to learn from a video,reading instructions befuddles them.racherbaumer/tilley are pioneering the technique of publishing material that is reduced in content focusing on a single subject and it's affordable.obviously these guys aren't trying to make a killing.rather,they're reintroducing magicians to obscure/forgotten effects...

Heroic.
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Jon angered Harry yrs ago by referring to the Harry Lorayne Book Test.every word was "I".they patched things up.Harry taught me the faro shuffle in 1966.a very gracious man and quite a fast talker...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » LAZY MAN'S CARD TRICK (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL