The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Definitive bookshelf » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mystery
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Mystery
We get a lot of posts here about people asking on how to start in mentalism. They get loaded with advice on books. They get pinpointed towards other threads in which they get loaded with even more advice on books and DVDs.

So, I think that it could be a good idea to start a "definitive bookshelf" in which each of us names one book or DVD which is in the poster's opinion essential and WHY.

I think this could clear a lot up. The same books popping up several times isn't necessarily a bad thing because it would stress the importance of this works.
I don't want to claim to be a wise guy by proposing this. I just thought it could be a good idea to limit the amount of books to one book per poster.

Because getting drowned in information and spending an awful lot of money on sources isn't necessarily a good way to start.
So, perhaps this can work.

Just an idea...
Let your dreams tear apart your life, before your life tears apart your dreams...
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Look in the previous posts. There are MANY lists of books that people feel are necessary for a well rounded mentalist.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Definitive bookshelf » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL