We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Catch - Marcus Eddie (Blackpool) (49 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Why don't you book Marcus Eddie to lecture at one of your near-by magic groups? Then you'll "catch" him performing it and maybe explaining it in person.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
I’ve just seen this advertised on VanishingInc - can someone confirm that it’s not something you can use with dollar-size coins? Would a ring work?

Thanks!
Ben
Topcliffe
View Profile
New user
New Orleans, LA
67 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, goldeneye007 wrote:
I’ve just seen this advertised on VanishingInc - can someone confirm that it’s not something you can use with dollar-size coins? Would a ring work?

Thanks!

Yeah, just saw the ad too, am wondering if it's an updated release or if it's different in any other way from the one discussed in Feb. 2020.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1780 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Why is Marcus name not on the Vanishing Inc page?
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/close-......ce=email
Are they different releases?
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Just read the long blurb again and I had missed it the first time sorry - it does say you wouldn't even be able to vanish half dollars... probably is the same product as the Blackpool one!
Ben
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Watch required, correct?
Topcliffe
View Profile
New user
New Orleans, LA
67 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, reignofsound wrote:
Why is Marcus name not on the Vanishing Inc page?
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/close-......ce=email
Are they different releases?

That's exactly what I'm wondering. Plus if you look at the videos on the VI website, some of the vanishes look like they don't involve the t**t necessary for the original one to work. In the first one, the hand, wrist, and arm seem to be in a straight line the whole time. If that's not deceptive advertising, then I'm definitely intrigued.
Topcliffe
View Profile
New user
New Orleans, LA
67 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
PS: Just got word from VI: same effect/gimmick, but the instructional video is newer and longer (~35 minutes as opposed to ~12 minutes).
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2618 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Also says watch our band needed for this but still looks very good . Ordered off penguin magic.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5012 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Does this talk when the vanish happens? Regards Gaz 😊
danHumphrey
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Quote:
On May 25, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:

I read on VI someone asked the same question and they replied saying they added something to stop the noise.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:

According to VI,

"It isn't noisy at all. In fact, we added an element into the gimmick to ensure that it is quiet."
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5012 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Ok that’s good to know, thanks guys Gaz 😊
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3603 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I wonder if a coin bend routine has been created for this?
CoinBoy101
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of CoinBoy101
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, CardGuyMike wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:

According to VI,

"It isn't noisy at all. In fact, we added an element into the gimmick to ensure that it is quiet."

I am waiting for Catch to arrive but I have watched the explanation video from Vanishing Inc. Without giving anything away, it's not actually a case of VI having added an element to the gimmick to ensure it is quiet. It's more a case that VI has redesigned Marcus Eddie's original gimmick by taking something away. It's sound science which leads to less sound. That's all I can say. I don't think the sound is completely eliminated but there are ways to cover any small sound with some effects.

The video explanation is very good though the camera could possibly have had better close-ups at times. It looks like a very handy gimmick to have on you and use in all manner of situations, particularly in a casual situation to vanish and produce a coin.

I'm looking forward to playing around with this.
Andy W
View Profile
New user
Chicago
39 Posts

Profile of Andy W
Just from the trailer...for a moment, I thought it is a sansminds item
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2361 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Is this something you can wear comfortably all day or a limited time while performing?
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2273 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I think you could wear it all day...just watched some of the tutorial, it's a pretty good trick and will be fun to play with while learning
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3368 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
While practice is always required, how difficult is this to do?
CoinBoy101
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of CoinBoy101
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, rowdymagi5 wrote:
While practice is always required, how difficult is this to do?

From watching the tutorial, I would say this is at the easy end of the difficulty scale. Like using any gimmick, the skill will come with practice (which looks easy to do but requires some accuracy to work consistently), remembering how to hold one's hand and arm, and not being conscious of using a gimmick. The angles look good. The ones which are not are un-natural positions no one should be doing, so there's little problem there. This looks fun to use and should require minimal practice to achieve some impressive effects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Catch - Marcus Eddie (Blackpool) (49 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL