The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Kranzo Replica Morgan Shell Sets in Stock again! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
516 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3157 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
These look good.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
516 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Yes the engraving is spot on! The only thing that will give it away is the “ping” test.
The patina, I think it’s paint (?) and if you really rub the patina it rubs off. I think they are made by brass (based on the inside of the Shell) and plated however I don’t know what is plated with. I’m gonna try to patina mine with Liver of Sulfur to see if it patinas better.

Either way...they are very good replicas!...NO “Copy” stamps or anything.

Thanks
Steph
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1598 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
They look nice, but for coin replicas $80 sound a little pricey. Kranzo makes a point that these are not the thin ebay's coins (not all are), however a thin set cost $12 to $15. I am not sure if I will put $50 or $60 more for these replica coins (box and plastic holder is a very nice touch. Not sure why the patina will go away as Steph mentioned. I have bought sets from China and few unknown where the color of the coin was darker but it was not painted, it was embedded in the plating of the coin.

Maybe we need more reviews to understand the price difference

Pablo
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2037 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2020, pabloinus wrote:

Maybe we need more reviews to understand the price difference

The difference is it's a shell set.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5120 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Also, don't forget that Joe Mogar has been selling "Magical Morgans" for $10 ea (superb quality btw) and a precision expanded shell for $95 so the full set is $135 (4 coins and shell) without fancy packaging. His also look just like real Morgan's and they are attracted to a magnet for ditching (including the shell). I use the shell all the time with my real Morgan's and love the quality. As is often the case, Joe is sold out right now according to his site.

With all the said, and buying several physical products from Nate, I cannot imagine Nate's not being worth the regular price he charges much less the sale price. Nate does not sell anything that is sub par for the intended routines or uses.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1598 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Guys, I know it is a shell set with 4 coins.
My point was that on ebay you could get sets of shell and 4 coins for less than half the price, and not all of them are flimsy shells and not all of the coins are bad replicas. I have bought shells from China (Morgan, Liberty) and I am happy with them, hence my comment on pricey set.

I can not compare Kranzo's coins against mine, but I assumed that his coins and shells are sourced from China like every other replicas and not pressed and machined from a blank in the US by some reputable maker. If my assumption is inaccurate, then my statement is invalid and the $80 could be correct.
As reference, Viking, who is a respectable merchant sells a set of shell and 4 coins for $60 sourced from China.

As I said maybe we need more reviewers that actually bought the coins and can compare them to the ebay ones
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2161 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Just put my order in for a set. From what the video shows and I watched in on a 45" OLED monitor, these look very clean. I'll post a full review when they arrive.

-MJJ
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1598 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Thank you Jake. Do let us know. You had other replica's shell so your opinion will be more educated than mine.

Pablo
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2161 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Well my set arrived today in a flat rate envelope. The handsome box that houses the coins was crushed and ruined. This set would easily fit in a small flat rate priority box
rather than a flat rate priority envelope. *** shame really. The coins and shells inside the box are well protected in coin capsules.

The coins themselves will pass the eye test to anyone watching or even handling the coins. Each coin weighed in at 25.5 grams, only 1.2 grams under what a real Morgan
weighs. To look at them I swore they were BU grade Morgan dollars. I took the calipers to them and they are 38.1 mm in diameter just like a real Morgan Dollar. The thickness
is the same way.

Onto the most important part of the set, the shell. I've handled a lot of Replica shells, some ok or complete junk. This isn't the case with this set. The replica Morgans are made
of plated brass and the inside of the shells show brass. These shells are not like that, there is no brass on the inside of the shell, more like a nickel finish. The shell fits the coins
perfectly. With a coin in place you can freely show both sides of the coin with shell in place without any tell tale signs.

I recently did a run of Dollar Okito boxes from Jim Zee's blueprints and the coin and shell fits the boxes just like it should. I tried the shell with my real Morgans. The shell fit perfectly
with no sticking.

Another important point of the shell is it matches the coins, where as the shells I've had and seen do not even come close to matching the coins. The face of the shell matches the
faces on the coins.

All in all I'm quite pleased with the purchase, service was fast and I don't feel like I over paid for the set since everything matches so well. The 80.00 spent has now given me a set
to carry around and to save my Silver coins at home for private venues. You won't find a shell this well made on Ebay, not yet at least.

Hope this helps you Pablo.

-MJJ
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
595 Posts

Profile of karnak
Now showing on the website as “temporarily unavailable.” Hope they’re coming back.

Also hope that a C/S coin is, or will be, available. Along with matching regular copper coins of whatever is used for the C/S coin.

Kinda need it all, for a really workable and versatile set.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1598 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Thank you Jake, I am glad these are bettet coins and shell. Maybe the price is then accurate for this quality.

Appreciate you took the time to review it

Pablo
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2880 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know that someone mentioned the “ping test“

you can definitely do the ping test with these coins they sound amazingly beautiful

and they sound like real silver! Don’t take my word for it.

See for yourself! Smile

they are now back in stock!

https://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/produc......hell-set
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2880 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2020, Mad Jake wrote:
Well my set arrived today in a flat rate envelope. The handsome box that houses the coins was crushed and ruined. This set would easily fit in a small flat rate priority box
rather than a flat rate priority envelope. *** shame really. The coins and shells inside the box are well protected in coin capsules.

The coins themselves will pass the eye test to anyone watching or even handling the coins. Each coin weighed in at 25.5 grams, only 1.2 grams under what a real Morgan
weighs. To look at them I swore they were BU grade Morgan dollars. I took the calipers to them and they are 38.1 mm in diameter just like a real Morgan Dollar. The thickness
is the same way.

Onto the most important part of the set, the shell. I've handled a lot of Replica shells, some ok or complete junk. This isn't the case with this set. The replica Morgans are made
of plated brass and the inside of the shells show brass. These shells are not like that, there is no brass on the inside of the shell, more like a nickel finish. The shell fits the coins
perfectly. With a coin in place you can freely show both sides of the coin with shell in place without any tell tale signs.

I recently did a run of Dollar Okito boxes from Jim Zee's blueprints and the coin and shell fits the boxes just like it should. I tried the shell with my real Morgans. The shell fit perfectly
with no sticking.

Another important point of the shell is it matches the coins, where as the shells I've had and seen do not even come close to matching the coins. The face of the shell matches the
faces on the coins.

All in all I'm quite pleased with the purchase, service was fast and I don't feel like I over paid for the set since everything matches so well. The 80.00 spent has now given me a set
to carry around and to save my Silver coins at home for private venues. You won't find a shell this well made on Ebay, not yet at least.

-MJJ

Thank you so much for your kind words Jake! I hope you are enjoying your coins.

https://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/produc......hell-set
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
595 Posts

Profile of karnak
Any hope on the horizon for a matching copper/silver set?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5120 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2020, Mad Jake wrote:

is the same way.

with no sticking.

faces on the coins.

-MJJ

It certainly helped me make a decision. Thanks for the nice indepth and honest review. I will be grabbing a set myself, if nothing else, I will use it as a practice set because we all know the "Professor" liked to remind us that coins did not like being dropped. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Kranzo Replica Morgan Shell Sets in Stock again! (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL