The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sandwich Change by SansMinds Creative Labs (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1674 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
A little confused here. If the gimmick is fully made (stated in the description), what is the 10 min. DIY for (end of trailer)??

https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=66591

Description:

If you ask a spectator what the most magical thing they've seen with a deck of cards is, they're likely to say a card change. And as performers, we know that the best magic happens in spectators' hands.

Sandwich Change incorporates both elements to give your audience a visual shocker.

Imagine your spectator holding a card, and without letting go, it changes in their hand.

No complicated set-ups, it's easy to carry, and lasts you a long time.

What you receive:

1 Instructional DVD
1 fully made gimmick (RED Bicycle back) ready to use right out of the box
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4756 Posts

Profile of RNK
Again! Elastic I@#$_&* T@##$&d that will break after some uses? Say it isn't so? Especially for $30!
Infographicmagicreviews
View Profile
New user
Nelson
91 Posts

Profile of Infographicmagicreviews
I got this in the mystery box last month.

RNK. It is not what you say it is. I thought it was too but no.

As for the DIY. It does take about 10 mins.

They probably included the gimmick in the DVD. Mystery box was a download so I had to make it
sebola
View Profile
New user
Germany
19 Posts

Profile of sebola
I think ive understood whats going on in the trailer - specially in the "full performance"-part (where the camera is on the pen and not at the cards at the hot part Smile).

well, its like everytime: Sansminds products in trailers looks like real magic and the best possible again and again.
but we all know, what they do and how handable they are in real life ^^

when you are able to visualize the corner of the signed card exactly like he in seconds, combined with the "corner effect" of the wrong card - and all this without moving suspicious for the viewers.....well, than it seems to be a very nice trick - because its very visual and works in the hands of the spectator.

but I think the heat will be on the cards at this moment and I'm not sure, if this kind of misdirection, showed in the trailer, will work in real life everytime..also with a few people..
i think, you have to look very exactly to your card into the "moves" to get this picture. and this could be kind of suspicious.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4756 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2020, Infographicmagicreviews wrote:

They probably included the gimmick in the DVD. Mystery box was a download so I had to make it

And do you like it?
Infographicmagicreviews
View Profile
New user
Nelson
91 Posts

I do like it. It’s simple.

Although the reset is instant , I actually made different gimmicks so I can do it to different people when I do my restaurant gigs.
I don’t want to keep guessing the “something something” card if you know what I mean.

Quote:
On Feb 21, 2020, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2020, Infographicmagicreviews wrote:

And do you like it?
jugagien
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of jugagien
I love sandwich tricks but I'm super skeptical on Sansmind products. Been burned before.
Any reviews?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2437 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2020, jugagien wrote:
I love sandwich tricks but I'm super skeptical on Sansmind products. Been burned before.
Any reviews?

This may be a stupid question as I have no experience with Sansmind, but if their products are that bad why are magicians still buying from them.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
916 Posts

Profile of catweazle
They are not all bad, I might get this, quite like it.
the best sans minds product I own is absolute zero, not for the effect though, I fill it with plumbers freeze spray, so I can reset a bending key I have when out and about, the gimmick is small enough to keep in my pocket, so for that its great.
Infographicmagicreviews
View Profile
New user
Nelson
91 Posts

They are not all bad. Their Pro Device is a must get. Love the vanishing ring box. Vanishing pen is awesome too.

A lot of people got burn mainly due to the DIY part (dvd products). They don’t supply enough material for a second. You have to make it right on the first.
Honestly that can be avoid by watching the instruction first then follow along for the second time around.

Sure they do a lot of DIY projects that can be a pain for a lot of people.
But it seem like they are including gimmicks now for the physical dvd version.
Hope they keep that up.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1334 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2020, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2020, jugagien wrote:
Any reviews?

This may be a stupid question as I have no experience with Sansmind, but if their products are that bad why are magicians still buying from them.

Best

Steve

Some of their products are bad. Some are not AS bad. A very, very few are actually good. At least that's what I hear. I decided to boycott them a long time ago and think the magic community would be much better off if they didn't exist. It's not like the good things they make would not find other ways to the marketplace.

The thing that a lot of magicians don't like is that they seem have almost a NEED to falsify the trailers. They also have been known to rip-off products, making copies of things that they do not have rights to. It is alleged that they have also ripped-off creators. I say alleged in this case since I was not personally involved, but it I had to choose who to believe, it would not be them.

They show things in the trailer that outright cannot be done with the product they deliver. For example, they show cards in a packet trick that are not included in what you get. Or they show the production of an item as part of the effect and that production is not discussed AT ALL on the DVD you get.

They also will show handlings that are not possible (for example - in what appears to be an uncut close-up shot, they will show the front and back of an object and then produce something from that object and it is not possible to actually show the front and back of the object with the actual product).

They also have a history (possibly somewhat better recently) of failing to mention when there is (at times extensive) DIY in products.

When confronted, they will lie, saying they don't do these things. Then, when specific examples are given, they will claim artistic license or just not answer.

On the whole, just a company that I don't find trustworthy to deal with and many people have been burned.

Why does the magic community continue to support them? They make flashy trailers that attract attention and we're apparently as a whole, not overly bright.

Oh, this trailer looks awesome - they probably didn't lie AGAIN and this product will do exactly what the trailer shows. Right? ... RIGHT? I don't want to miss out, better order it RIGHT AWAY. Cut to receiving the product ... Oh, no - they did it AGAIN! <sigh> Oh, a new product from them. The trailer looks awesome ...
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1778 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I think its only fair to give credit where its due, and the truth is Sansminds has listened and made a lot of improvements from their past criticisms.

In addition to the trailer, almost all of their newer releases now also have an uncut no frills performance so you can see how it looks in real life.

Here is the one for Sandwich Change: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb4hbJEfeOQ
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
jugagien
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of jugagien
Well I bought 1 sansmind product and didn't like what I got. It wasnt as practical as I would had liked it. It was very....foil-ly if you know what I mean.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2406 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2020, TuneHV wrote:
I think its only fair to give credit where its due, and the truth is Sansminds has listened and made a lot of improvements from their past criticisms.

In addition to the trailer, almost all of their newer releases now also have an uncut no frills performance so you can see how it looks in real life.

Here is the one for Sandwich Change: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb4hbJEfeOQ

Are you serious?? The only part in the trailer I wanted to see was him getting the gimmick into position and they shoot the recapping of the sharpie instead. How stupid! Why did they even bother to shoot this "uncut" video?
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1334 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2020, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2020, TuneHV wrote:

Are you serious?? The only part in the trailer I wanted to see was him getting the gimmick into position and they shoot the recapping of the sharpie instead. How stupid! Why did they even bother to shoot this "uncut" video?

So they can claim to have an uncut video performance for potential buyers. Smile
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1871 Posts

Profile of alexhui
Hi my fellows, I have posted an in-depth review of the effect here:

https://www.alexmagicreview.com/post/tri......ductionz

Hope it can be helpful to you.

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
sebola
View Profile
New user
Germany
19 Posts

Profile of sebola
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2020, alexhui wrote:

Alex Hui
Hong Kong

thanks for your work. this was helpfull - also good to hear, this package has a ready built gimmick. I didn't knew this and this is really not the sansminds-standard.
but finally, your review confirmed my first thoughts.
the hardest part would be the misdirection during the "get-ready-process" - when also the heat is at the cards....im not really sure, the "please close the pen"-thing will help here ^^
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1871 Posts

Profile of alexhui
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2020, sebola wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2020, alexhui wrote:

Alex Hui
Hong Kong

thanks for your work. this was helpfull - also good to hear, this package has a ready built gimmick. I didn't knew this and this is really not the sansminds-standard.
but finally, your review confirmed my first thoughts.
the hardest part would be the misdirection during the "get-ready-process" - when also the heat is at the cards....im not really sure, the "please close the pen"-thing will help here ^^

If you are experienced card worker, you should have not much issue at getting ready.

But the timing is crucial as you might mess up if you rush it. Watch out when you perform for multiple audience, they may burn your hands.

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
My only issue with this is this is very very similar to the shark by chris ballinger.
sebola
View Profile
New user
Germany
19 Posts

Profile of sebola
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2020, codydavismagic wrote:
My only issue with this is this is very very similar to the shark by chris ballinger.

Oh, Wow - thanks you mentioned this!

When I watch the trailer of THE SHARK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqbcaDqy55s , it doesn't look "very similar for me - it looks like a copy!

Also, the handling of THE SHARK looks much better??
For me, that product from 2010 definetly looks like the better option. But seems to be hard to find maybe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sandwich Change by SansMinds Creative Labs (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL