The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PCTC Productions Presents ABRA by Jordan Victoria (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1916 Posts

Profile of Titanas
A small gimmick that fits in your wallet so you are ready to perform anytime, anywhere. 100% examinable so no switches needed. Perform this easy transposition in your spectator's hands. Be able to change from red to blue or blue to red with no angle restrictions.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=66364

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2189 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Haven’t taken revolve out of the box yet. Lol. Can someone tell me the improvement or comparison. It appears that there doesn’t need to be a big action to cover a little one the way revolve’s mechanics work.
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of NicholasLawrenceMagic
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2020, MagicBrent wrote:
Haven’t taken revolve out of the box yet. Lol. Can someone tell me the improvement or comparison. It appears that there doesn’t need to be a big action to cover a little one the way revolve’s mechanics work.

Revolve can possibly last you a lifetime with ZERO maintenance. Abra uses delicate materials which will need to be frequently replace and repaired.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1391 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Delicate? You’ve been using the same material for years...

I saw ABRA years ago and I will be happy to answer any questions if you need.

Btw, the big difference between this one and Travel is that you’re left clean.
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
PM
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 21, 2020, Ceierry wrote:
Delicate? You’ve been using the same material for years...

I saw ABRA years ago and I will be happy to answer any questions if you need.

Btw, the big difference between this one and Travel is that you’re left clean.

You’re right, I’ve used this material a lot.. but I’m pointing out the difference between Revolve and Abra..
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8036 Posts

Profile of pegasus
How many gimmicks does this include? 2 I am assuming but probably only 1.
JordanVictoria
View Profile
Veteran user
France
326 Posts

Profile of JordanVictoria
Hey there,

Just a little message to clarify some things regarding the differences in between Abra and Revolve.

For people who don't know, Abra is an involved version of an effect called Travel that I've released almost 5 years ago with Sansminds. The main differences here :

- The gimmick is more durable.
- You can adapt it to any card.
- With the gimmick you can choose to change the card from red to blue or blue to red.
- Everything is entirely examinable at the end.

About the differences with Revolve. Well, first the design of the gimmick is totally different. The method for the change and the way to adapt it to a playing card are both different.

The effect is the same. But there are many magicians who got their own methods before us and much more will probably get their in the future.

Abra was submitted to Murphy's on 04/16/2018. So the idea was not based on Nicholas's method. Overall, Abra is based on the same method as Travel which was created back in 2012 (I have videos of it).

My goal is not to say that I have created this before Nicholas created Evolve. No matter for me. I just want to clarify the fact that Abra/Travel has never been inspired by Evolve/Revolve in anything.

Pagasus, you receive one gimmick inside of your packaging! Smile

Jordan
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Thanks Jordan Victoria. Your explanation may prevent 5 pages of accusations and speculation LOL.

In this thread it has been stated that the card changes color and there is no clean-up or ditching? Is that correct? If so, sounds like a real winner.

Thanks and good luck!
JordanVictoria
View Profile
Veteran user
France
326 Posts

MSD921, yes you can give everything for examination at the end without any switch! You just take off the gimmick from the card! Smile
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1673 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2020, MSD921 wrote:
Thanks Jordan Victoria. Your explanation may prevent 5 pages of accusations and speculation LOL.

Haha. So true.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8036 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2020, JordanVictoria wrote:
MSD921, yes you can give everything for examination at the end without any switch! You just take off the gimmick from the card! Smile

Thanks. Is it just me that’s confused into thinking that you receive 2 gimmicks?

Quote [The plot is simple: take out two folded cards from your wallet - one red and one blue -- and perform the most visual and easy transposition inside of your spectator's hands.]
Fenomeno
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Fenomeno
What is the justification for taking out 2 folded cards from your wallet? Instead of the cards being pre-folded and inside your wallet, can 2 selections be made, folded, then transposed?
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Thanks Jordan Victoria. So, as is the case with Revolve, there is no switch but a ditch? What would you say the "advantage" is with ABRA if both have cards change colors and a ditch is involved?
JordanVictoria
View Profile
Veteran user
France
326 Posts

Pegasus, you receive only one gimmick!

Fenomeno, you can justify it very easily by saying that each time you perform this trick, you have to get your deck of card on you and you damage 2 cards every time. So now, you just keep two cards already folded in your wallet to perform the effect when you want as you only need this! (and you don't damage cards anymore!).

MSD921, exactly! No switch needed, just take off the gimmick and you can give the 2 cards for examination.
I would say (but this is my opinion) that ABRA is more "practical" because you can begin with your 2 cards unfold in your wallet, show them to your spectators and then perform the effect. No need to set-up the gimmick to use it (of course the gimmick has to be on the card but what I say here is that once the gimmick is in place, you can have your 2 cards unfolded in your wallet and you ready to go!).
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

There are many differences between ABRA & Revolve and I’m only mentioning them here as there is a lot of interest and I’ve been asked this question too many times since ABRA was released.

The major difference is the removal of the gimmick, which with Revolve there is nothing stuck to the card. The gimmick is smoothly removed with zero resistance where Jordan is using a very old method which can possibly make a sound when removing the gimmick and Inevitably cause an awkward movement as well.

With Revolve you can load and unload the gimmick invisibly allowing you to execute a sequence of different looking changes within a single routine, where with ABRA you are limited to a single styled change, one time.

Another big difference with Revolve is the gimmick isn’t powered by anything that can break easily or require Maintenance, its completely manual and utilizes gravity which opens up the possibly to be creative with how you choose to change the card, I include 5 variations, Aesthetically speaking. You can flick it across the table, slide it, drop it, shake it.. as well you can place the blue card visibly in the spectators hand, when they close their hand and open it the card actually changes versus sneaking the opposite color card in their hand and later revealing its changed.

Regarding the change itself, you can show more sides of the card with Revolve as well.

The Revolve gimmick can also be left on the table in view out of the magicians hands. When you’re ready to change the card you can just pick it up and change it versus ABRA you’ll need to keep the card at your fingertips the entirety of the routine or potential routines you create.

Another huge difference between Revolve and Abra is sound.. The revolve gimmick is completely silent.

And just to mention this as Jordan mentioned practically of the cards being folded or unfolded in your wallet, you can do exactly that with revolve as well and actually if you wanted you can even start with unfolded cards, present a blue and red deck and have 2 spectators do all of the setup, choose cards, sign them, fold them and then the magician can take the cards and immediately go straight into the routine.

I’m Not trying to Bash ABRA, I just want people to know the differences and highlight the incredible amount of work I put into Revolve. This isn’t just a cool visual, which is exactly what it was when I created it 8 years ago.. Today it’s a practical tool that can last you a lifetime with No Maintenance and is extremely Versatile.
Fenomeno
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Fenomeno
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2020, JordanVictoria wrote:

...Fenomeno, you can justify it very easily by saying that each time you perform this trick, you have to get your deck of card on you and you damage 2 cards every time. So now, you just keep two cards already folded in your wallet to perform the effect when you want as you only need this! (and you don't damage cards anymore!).

Well, now I just feel dumb! Thanks!
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1859 Posts

Profile of alexhui
I have written an in-depth review for Abra. In this review, I also compare with Nicholas Lawrence's Revolve.

You may visit my public Facebook page for all the latest reviews and exclusive contents.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlexMagicReview/

For ppl who don't use Facebook, here is the direct link

https://www.alexmagicreview.com/post/tri......victoria

Hope you like it.

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
jugagien
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of jugagien
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2020, alexhui wrote:
I have written an in-depth review for Abra. In this review, I also compare with Nicholas Lawrence's Revolve.

You may visit my public Facebook page for all the latest reviews and exclusive contents.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlexMagicReview/

For ppl who don't use Facebook, here is the direct link

https://www.alexmagicreview.com/post/tri......victoria

Hope you like it.

Alex Hui
Hong Kong

Very informative. Thanks Alex!
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1859 Posts

Profile of alexhui
Besides the blog review above, I've just posted a YouTube review to compare Revolve vs Abra in details. This should answer some of your questions about these effects.

https://youtu.be/qRuqg6eidVQ

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
Regular user
USA
103 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
Hey there,

I also posted a review of Abra on my YouTube channel! Check it out below!

https://youtu.be/8A9VVdFCf7k

Hope it helps! Smile
Tyler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PCTC Productions Presents ABRA by Jordan Victoria (3 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL