The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Perform… All the Stuff to Think About, by Tim Hannig (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmayne
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of magicmayne
Hey everyone… the Tim Hannig book is finally out!

I’ve been reading PERFORM this week and am absolutely loving it.

Tim Hannig has been working on his book for 3 years, and it’s already getting rave reviews from the likes of Ken Weber, Josh Jay, Gene Anderson, Michael Kent, Joe Diamond, and many more.

Some are even calling it “the book of the year.”

This hardcover 450 page full-color book is filled with strategies and advice all in the hopes of making us better performers.

Tim also includes 47 videos that go along with the content of the book. It’s a really fun & inspiring read!

Watch this video to find out what you’ll be getting:

Get info and ordering details here:

http://performbettershows.com

http://timhannigentertainment.populr.me/performbettershows

Zak Mirzadeh
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1289 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
It's an incredible book.
magicmayne
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of magicmayne
I just realized I didn't attach the video properly. Here you go:

brainman
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of brainman
Ordered.
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
So I’m not even a kids show performer but I have seen Tim’s stuff enough to know this was gonna be good. On the flight yesterday, I couldn’t put the dang thing down. I read the first 80 pages in the first go. This is a great read for anyone who performs any kind of magic! Tim is the real deal and you’ll learn from this book. Highly recommended!
Isaiah
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Isaiah
I own this and it is arguably the biggest book in the magic market on this subject manner. This book is filled with the answers to so many show questions you probably have. The best thing is, is that the answers are coming from a professional magician, entertainer and heck of an all around guy who has the experience to answer those questions.

Mark Holstein
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
53 Posts

Profile of Mark Holstein
We’ve known Tim Hannig a long time. We were at David Sandy’s Workshop when Tim performed his show, while the attendees sat awestruck in the back of the room. In my 40 plus years in magic, I never experienced the explosion of applause and emotion that filled that room after the last student left and the conference room door closed. I will never forget it. We’d seen a complete master of his craft own the room.

So now, about 20 years later, I am thrilled to say I’ve just finished reading Tim’s book, PERFORM. First, a comment about the physical product. In this age of digital downloads and one trick DVDs, this is a beautiful book. Hardcover, over 400 pages, great design and layout, lots of color photos. It’s a joy to own.

But it wouldn’t matter if the content were not up to the beauty and design of the book. Well, not to worry. Tim holds nothing back. It’s a study in being a professional magician. It’s all here, from the nuts and bolts of running a small business, to marketing, show design and everything else. If someone is new to making a living at magic, and carefully studies this book, they will have everything they need to succeed.

To me, being a “professional” magician is a mindset. It’s not about whether magic is your primary source of income - for me, it’s never been that. It’s about the magic you do and the mindset that underpins your delivery of that product. Here, Tim’s book really delivers. He has thought about “why” he does things a certain way. He’s got 1000s of hours of actual performance time. He has found a way to articulate all of this in here. It matters not if you do children’s magic. If you study this book, and take its lessons on board, you will be a better performer.

We are so proud to call Tim a friend. He’s the real deal. A great father and husband, a generous and giving friend, and a very talented performer. He hit it out of the park with this project.
Dr. O
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
264 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Looking forward to a good read. Ordered!
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
767 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
Ordered it today. Thanks magicmayne for sharing the link.
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
247 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
Tim Hannig's new book is breathtaking. I'm only 88 pages into it (whole lotta driving this time of year) but already it's worth the paltry sum he's asking.

It touches upon character, working with volunteers, and those little touches, like pausing an extra 3 seconds to dramatically change the impact of a routine and so much more.

Most importantly, it's apparent Tim truly cares about our craft. There were passages in this book that brought a tear in my eye or a lump in my throat.

I'm already more successful beyond my wildest dreams but this book is challenging me to care about each moment, each show, each audience member, in a way that I never have before.

There's a beautiful HUGE piece of advice / strategy that Tim shares that's illustrated by something that Hugh Jackman did onstage that is breathtakingly awesome and worth the price of admission.

Tim and I joked privately that he could have taken this material, put it in a 3-ring binder and sold it as a Dan Kennedy / Dave Dee style "course" for 3 times the same amount of money but Tim wanted a product he could be proud of.

This book is challenging me, inspiring me, and humbling me.

My highest recommendation and I'm not even 1/4 of the way through the book. Quite frankly, the remaining 350 pages could be printed with the word "SUCKER" over and over and I'd still recommend this book.
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1030 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Get PERFORM... the book that made it to Congress!

“Loving the book! Read the first half, and there is so much great information here. This will be a classic of magic!”
Mark Pocan, Magician & US Congressman

ORDERING INFO HERE:

I loved this book!
Ken Weber

Feedback from those who received their books in February:

"Tim, my lack of sleep is due to your new book, thoroughly enjoying every page!!"
Barry McDonough

"Tim what a treasure — hard to set down. I loved it. Next year will be my 50 year anniversary of doing magic full time. This is the best book for Performers I have ever read. Don't stop writing. Thanks"
PJ Weber

"Been AWESOME so far!"
Jonah Babins, Discourse in Magic Podcast

"I can’t put the book down, Tim. Bravo! Your book will be the hit of the year!"
Phil Ackerly

“Just finished the book. It’s now at home on my shelf in the ‘required reading’ section. This is more than a book, it’s a full business model. I’ve already started using the tips on marketing, emailing and contracts. This info is worth thousands.”
Joe Diamond

"This book is really fun to read and so insightful. I want to take my time reading it, and soak it up. The time you took to get it right was worth it! I’m sure I will return to it after I finish it for years to come, just like Maximum Entertainment."
Ken Dumm

"I’m 5 chapters in... it’s a great book — I keep going back and re-reading chapters. I guess I will finish it at some point. Your book will become a classic!"
Graham Rogers

"The world is richer for your having written this. While I haven’t seen you perform, I have no doubt that if this book represents how you represent yourself, your show is unmatched in class. I’m enjoying your book, can you tell?"
Nathan Stockwell

"Your book arrived today and it’s simply amazing — well done! It’s a beautiful book in it’s layout, etc — really amazing work!"
Nathan Ward, UK

"Love the book so far!"
Robert Hale

"I have had my nose buried in this book since it arrived. I have skimmed through many parts. It is one of those books that keeps on giving."
Dennis Vander Houwen, Creator of Surplus Magic Exchange and SME Talk

"Really loving the book. I’m going to the beach for spring break in a couple weeks and really want to save this for then, but I don’t know if I can stop reading!"
Ron Spangler

"I’m loving it so far!"
Michael Messing

ORDERING INFO HERE:
Author of PERFORM...all the stuff to think about

Over 450 pages, hardcover, full color

"I loved this book!" - Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars - highly recommended" - Nick Lewin

"Chock full of ideas that will make me more $$ and my shows more professional!" - Leif David

Foreword written by Joshua Jay

Tim's book and other goodies to help performers here...

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
magicbillk
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of magicbillk
I've performed magic for 22 years, and I haven't found a compendium of knowledge anywhere NEAR this level. I not only feel more confident performing for kids after reading Tim's book, I feel more confident performing IN GENERAL after reading Tim's book.

Some of the things Tim wrote about have already been implemented in my shows, and I have felt my shows get better. I have found the people booking me for said shows were more relaxed than normal. I have found people eagerly bounding up to me after the show to tell me how much they enjoyed themselves. And all I did was make a couple of simple changes that I read about in Tim's book.

If you are new to performing, Tim's book is a necessary book to read because it will teach you things from a worker that would take you decades to learn otherwise. It's an invaluable tome of knowledge for the new performer. If you are a seasoned pro, Tim's book is a necessary book to read because it will fill in the gaps of the things you already know and do. I can't tell you how many times I highlighted something and thought "oh snap... I didn't realize that."

TL;DR, Perform - All the stuff to think about is my new favorite book for performers, and I believe everyone who steps in front of an audience should read it.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." -Dunninger

www.magicbillk.com
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1030 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
More feedback!

Author of PERFORM...all the stuff to think about

Over 450 pages, hardcover, full color

"I loved this book!" - Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars - highly recommended" - Nick Lewin

"Chock full of ideas that will make me more $$ and my shows more professional!" - Leif David

Foreword written by Joshua Jay

Tim's book and other goodies to help performers here...

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Perform… All the Stuff to Think About, by Tim Hannig (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL